Where is the best deal on Ford OEM extended warranty?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

carymccarr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Correct, but you need to add them all on. They aren't typically in their first price was my point.
Once you add them all on, the price isn't much less than my dealer was. They cut me a $100 discount and it was about $100 more than from Flood, so I did it. $100 is worth the satisfaction of keeping them happy, so if I need something in the future, they will help me out instead of being pissy because I bought warranty elsewhere. Small-town politics BS!

Arent these the only things that are ‘add ons’ to the premium plan? I’m seeing that they only add about $160 to the overall plan?

I’m shopping a plan right now and looks like flood is the cheapest. $1400 for 100k, 5 years. $50 deductible including the interior/exterior bulb plan...

e03b18a9f0cb6cfd960b61d171eb4524.png

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Arent these the only things that are ‘add ons’ to the premium plan? I’m seeing that they only add about $160 to the overall plan?

I’m shopping a plan right now and looks like flood is the cheapest. $1400 for 100k, 5 years. $50 deductible including the interior/exterior bulb plan...

e03b18a9f0cb6cfd960b61d171eb4524.png

Those seem about right! I Forget exactly, but that sounds right on!

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
MY Ford dealer had ALL those add ons in his proposal. So its like $300ish or whatever the number above come to.
Flood was still cheaper, but my dealer lowered theirs to nearly match Flood.

carymccarr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
MY Ford dealer had ALL those add ons in his proposal. So its like $300ish or whatever the number above come to.
Flood was still cheaper, but my dealer lowered theirs to nearly match Flood.

Sucks you have to battle with your local dealer over and over and over and at the end you’re rewarded with being allowed to STILL pay MORE than what a mega dealer gives anyone off the street, right out of the gate.

Seems they’d appreciate your loyalty at this point.

Last edited:

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sucks you have to battle with your local dealer over and over and over and at the end you’re rewarded with being allowed to STILL pay MORE than what a mega dealer gives anyone off the street, right out of the gate.

Seems they’d appreciate your loyalty at this point.

My dealer called the Ford Rep and asked how Flood was selling this for less that the local dealers cost. The Ford Rep said they highly frown on what Flood is doing. Flood is selling them at a loss and then selling so many that in the end they get a volume discount and that discount reduces their cost enough to make money on it. They have a department that does nothing but these warrantys and works on commission just to move them. It works, but I don't buy from the discounters..... My dealer cut me slack and I'd rather they make some money off me and stay in business than have some salesman sell me one from out of state.... I'm happy to pay my dealer more to keep them in business. I'm not an Amazon guy.....

carymccarr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My dealer called the Ford Rep and asked how Flood was selling this for less that the local dealers cost. The Ford Rep said they highly frown on what Flood is doing. Flood is selling them at a loss and then selling so many that in the end they get a volume discount and that discount reduces their cost enough to make money on it. They have a department that does nothing but these warrantys and works on commission just to move them. It works, but I don't buy from the discounters..... My dealer cut me slack and I'd rather they make some money off me and stay in business than have some salesman sell me one from out of state.... I'm happy to pay my dealer more to keep them in business. I'm not an Amazon guy.....

No way I’m buying something like an insurance policy, for more money and time, just so that a less efficient middle man can make more money. Flood is smart. I like to reward entrepreneurship and capitalism.

I am however happy to support small business if they have something unique. As an example, I bought something off Etsy last night. They also sell on amazon but buying direct from them puts more $$$ in their pocket.

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
No way I’m buying something like an insurance policy, for more money and time, just so that a less efficient middle man can make more money. Flood is smart. I like to reward entrepreneurship and capitalism.

I am however happy to support small business if they have something unique. As an example, I bought something off Etsy last night. They also sell on amazon but buying direct from them puts more $$$ in their pocket.

Eventually you won't have a local dealer, so that'll be convenient!