Where to get a very good deal on Extended Warranty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

carymccarr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I considered the headlight protection add-on and decided that my zero-deductible glass coverage portion of my auto insurance should cover any damaged assemblies. In the past, they've replaced many windshields and a couple of fog light assemblies and I don't recall being mailed anything changing that. Then I bought the 8-yr./100K policy thinking I'd roll up the miles like on my last vehicle. At the current rate, I'm never going to come anywhere close to that. I will hit 36 months long before 36,000 miles.

I think the issue is with them failing not breaking/cracking? Many modern lights aren’t serviceable in any meaningful way. Meaning if a ‘bulb’ croaks you have to replace the entire $500-1500 assembly.

I could be mistaken.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AAOO

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Is that their standard bumper to bumper or an extended plan? I’m just looking for the standard Lincoln plan. Dealer is sending to me tomorrow. Appreciate it though thanks

It’s the extended. I see what you’re after now.

carymccarr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It’s the extended. I see what you’re after now.

Thanks. I can’t see it anywhere. Dealer said “it’s in the glovebox”. Nope. There is a tire warranty but no general warranty.

Jason Bell

Reaction score
The dealer bought my Expedition from a Ford auction. The vehicle only had 9 miles, but because of the way it came to the Ford dealer, it was considered used. So I had them add on the Ford CPO warranty for $800. I think It extends the factory warranty to 7 years and 100,000 miles. While it covers less than the factory warranty, it does cover the drivetrain (turbo included).
Another dealer told me their cost on the CPO from Ford was about $650. I sleep better knowing that all the expensive stuff is covered for another 95,000 miles. (It's only got 5000 now)

CaptainKrunch

Reaction score
On average, about 12 percent of the premiums paid for extended warranties actually go to repairs. The rest go to commissions, and overhead. That means if you pay 3k for a warranty, you will get back $360.00. Put your money in savings and avoid the warranty.

Mead85

Reaction score
So is the Flood Ford ESP a reputable warranty? I just bought my 2019 used with 27,000 miles. I’m debating on getting their Extra Care plan 8yr/ 150,000 for $2,200. I’m new to the ecoboost and have heard turbos are expensive.

bushpilot

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So is the Flood Ford ESP a reputable warranty? I just bought my 2019 used with 27,000 miles. I’m debating on getting their Extra Care plan 8yr/ 150,000 for $2,200. I’m new to the ecoboost and have heard turbos are expensive.

its a FORD plan, not a 3rd party and not a "flood" (dealer name) plan.

carymccarr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So it’s a good plan and worth getting? Sorry to sound stupid but I don’t know much about the warranties.

Depends on how you feel about warranty’s. If you like having a warranty then yes. This is a good plan (the premium plan with the add ons) that covers you well. Kinda depends on how long you’re going to keep the vehicle IMO.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Junker