Which H9 Hi-beam LED Will Fit 2016 Housing?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP

1111ExpyEL1111

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Because I've had the headlight pods out 2x. Low beam projectors have 9005's and the high beam standards have H9's. Online charts are all over the place for some reason.

That's why......

Munkiebunz3

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Because I've had the headlight pods out 2x. Low beam projectors have 9005's and the high beam standards have H9's. Online charts are all over the place for some reason.

That's why......
I've pretty much replaced all my bulbs and yhe chart in the manual is trash. I've crossed out most of those bulb designations and wrote in my own.

RogerD1959

2.5 Months Ltr, and Final Bill 22K+
Reaction score
9005"s are what you need for the low beams, H11 on the high beams. These are ARC Beam bulbs, note the bubble over the CREE Chip and this company has a V.2 or a version 2 out now, this is the upgrade version, I suggest strongly. I have the Low Beam V.1 the first version of these. Neither version can be adjusted much, when you put them in try to do so with the CREE Chips on the horizontal plane ---0[]0---, this applies to any bulb with the chips on either side of a shaft. As for Lumens, when buying in pairs the lumen measurement is for both bulbs so you have to divide that in half to get each bulbs output, personally I think this is very misleading, the result of first grade mathematics, as you can't stack lumens. 5,000 lumens X 2 = Does not equal 10,000 output at the front of your vehicle. The EFFECTIVE LUMENS, at the front of your vehicle is 5,000 left, 5,000 right, ugh, a panful simplification, as lumens only apply at the bulb, the source of light, its origin. Not the light thrust out in front of the vehicle, how that is done, or focused, is the P.I.T.A., part of the installation. If you purchase the bulbs you are considering, you will not have even light distribution in front of the vehicle, there will be dark spots, black spots, spiderwebbing, its not a big issue in town. Out on the dark back roads and highways it will get on your nerves! As for light pushed out in front of the vehicle, on low beams, dark unlit road, speed 45 mph. The front edge of the, forward edge, farthest edge from the vehicle, of the entire light pattern on the roadway needs to illuminate an object 2.5 seconds in front of the vehicle moving at 45 - 50 mph. Additionally, on low beam, the thrust, or projection of light BEYOND the 2.5 seconds you see illuminated on the roadway, yup, light you actually can see, this light you can't effectively see, but it should elect a clear return from any reflective surface, (road sign), as far ahead of your vehicle as your old high beams did, or beyond. The quirky neat part of 6,000K, white, LED bulbs, they elect a return from the eyes of critters, deer, way the heck out in front of you on low beams, flip the high beams on and that should light up what ever those two circles are attached to. I apologize for the delay, been way over extended. Friday, 12/6-8/19 Now that I have my vehicle back from the body shop I am going to do a complete LED do over of the headlamps, I want to photo document as much of the refit as I can and write that up.
71jNZ6uAMcL._AC_SX200_SY200_.jpg

OP
OP

1111ExpyEL1111

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm not putting LEDs in the projector low beams. Already found an LED that fits with no mods for the high beams.