Which mods first

Discussion in 'After Market Add-Ons' started by Leissleib, Jul 2, 2012.

1. Dib52

Dib52 Full Access Members

I looked at all of the eBay spacer lifts in various sizes but ultimately only got serious about name brand manufacturers. My decision came down to ReadyLift and Truxxx in the 3/2. I didn't want some fly by night company selling me something that was going on the vehicle my kids are riding in. I probably spent more $ to have the reputable manufacturer on top of my coils, but I have piece of mind knowing a good company is backing the product.
    Truxxx 3/2 won out for me in the end, and FYI...even with this lift, there is still a "slight" rake, so no worries about the rear. 2.75 vs 3, doubt you'd ever notice it.

2. GAIN-MOB

GAIN-MOB Supporting Member Supporting Member

I wouldn't...u have the intake...gotts mod is for those that don't want to spend the money on an intake...u could always sell it...do u still have stock intake? If so...u could switch

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk

3. Leissleib

Leissleib Full Access Members

4. Leissleib

Where did you get your lift, I found it on autoanything.com for $260.25 plus I can get 15% off, The hypertech is $339.99 plus 15% off too. Do you think that is the best deal.

5. Leissleib

Do you think the cai is worth it over the gotts mod, I oly did the gotts mod for now but a lot of people think the cai is not any better. Thoughts?

6. GAIN-MOB

GAIN-MOB Supporting Member Supporting Member

i have CAI...ppl doing it vs paying hundreds of dollars...is it better..idk...im happy with my intake...

7. Dib52

Dib52 Full Access Members

Autoanything was my choice, had a promo code and free shipping, think I got it right around 200-225. What you see with your discounts looks like a good deal, and the Hypertech too. I did my Hypertech through 4 wheel parts cuz they're local(10 min ride) and I had a coupon for that as well.

As far as the intake, I love mine. Something about popping the hood and seeing that big cone filter and smooth intake runner. Love the sound too. With your present set up, you basically have a free flowing CAI minus the aesthetics and sound. I'd still say go for it if it's in the budget.

8. catmaster25

catmaster25 Active Member

just for looks?

Yeep its only good looking under the hood I guess. Yeah I checked my stock intake earlier, I still got it. But didn't have time to mess with it much, I like the CAI over the stock look wise I guess. But I want a 2 hood scoop aftermarket hood I saw one for $500 not to bad :-( lol might have to make my own

9. joethefordguy

joethefordguy Full Access Members

has anyone done any dyno, or similar, testing before and after a gotts mod, or a CAI install? I read a lot of assertions about gains, but after a ton of research, I have yet to see anything beyond "feelings" demonstrating actual performance or efficiency gains.

10. 16plati

16plati Full Access Members

You lift it and the chip is pointless, if you don’t have somebody doing custom revisions on your tune all your performance mods are also pointless