Which one?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tuffy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I ordered my head unit, component speakers, and subs today (which will hopefully be in by the end of the week) I still need to get the amp and box. Help me pick between these 2, I would like to order it tomorrow. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I ordered 2x 15" subs that rms @1000 (but apparently its a little less than that ~600-700)

Amps:
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_11639_Boss+CX3500D.html
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_17784_Sound+Storm+-SSL-+F3600D.html

Box:
http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/p_20155_Ground_Shaker_SQP215.aspx
http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/p_20118_Ground_Shaker_SQ215.aspx

let me know guys

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
wht are the ohms of the subs? and how many voice coils? then i can tell you which amp to get.

rmzsuzuki89

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What subs did you get and what are the specs on them?

I wouldn't recommend either of those amps. And build your own box, most pre-fabs aren't great and tuned really high if ported.

2blackfordrides

Full Access Members
Reaction score
just my 2 cents... never been a fan of lanzar subs.... blew a set of 1500w subs hooked to a 600 watt amp.... tell me how that happened....lol ne who.... the box isnt crazy complicated.... proly 50 worth of tools( corder 3/8s drill and a cheap jigsaw) and anouther 30 of supplies( mdf, screws and silicone caulk).... if u figure what u need for sizes of mdf(plan out ur box)... u can have lowes cut all the pieces out of a 4x8 sheet of mdf..... predrill ur holes(lots of them....lol) then use jig saw to cut holes, vaccum out the inside of box and wipe with damp rag.... then when dry, caulk every seam liberally to seal it( unless ported)..... then carpet or paint.... the biggest thing to keep in mind is the cubics ur subs require.... i built a box for behind my third row in my xlt that had 2 12in diamond audios and 2 competition 10s.... it fit perfect and was loud as hell.... like i said just my 2 cents.....

by the way... love the expy.... looks just like my 99 maroon with the tan.... but not for long...lol my headlights, foglights, grill and underglow will be here towards beginning of next week....lol

OP
OP
T

Tuffy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
just my 2 cents... never been a fan of lanzar subs.... blew a set of 1500w subs hooked to a 600 watt amp.... tell me how that happened....lol ne who.... the box isnt crazy complicated.... proly 50 worth of tools( corder 3/8s drill and a cheap jigsaw) and anouther 30 of supplies( mdf, screws and silicone caulk).... if u figure what u need for sizes of mdf(plan out ur box)... u can have lowes cut all the pieces out of a 4x8 sheet of mdf..... predrill ur holes(lots of them....lol) then use jig saw to cut holes, vaccum out the inside of box and wipe with damp rag.... then when dry, caulk every seam liberally to seal it( unless ported)..... then carpet or paint.... the biggest thing to keep in mind is the cubics ur subs require.... i built a box for behind my third row in my xlt that had 2 12in diamond audios and 2 competition 10s.... it fit perfect and was loud as hell.... like i said just my 2 cents.....

by the way... love the expy.... looks just like my 99 maroon with the tan.... but not for long...lol my headlights, foglights, grill and underglow will be here towards beginning of next week....lol

Thanks for the input. You should definitely post a how-to-guide for your underglow.

EDIT: Just thought about something. How do I unplug the Mach sub? I was planning on using the Mach amp for my speakers for the time being, but I need to figure out how to unplug the sub (because its blown) anyone got some advice?

Last edited:

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the F3600D...2ohm stable...the other isnt...and the SQP15 because its ported...unless you can really throw power into the sealed box...ported will give you more bang!!! loose base unless you get it specifically tuned...sealed will be tight bass...plus your truck is another box for the sound waves to bounce off...

OP
OP
T

Tuffy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
the f3600d...2ohm stable...the other isnt...and the sqp15 because its ported...unless you can really throw power into the sealed box...ported will give you more bang!!! Loose base unless you get it specifically tuned...sealed will be tight bass...plus your truck is another box for the sound waves to bounce off...

thank you!

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
someone say something about neon? i just got my kit off ebay and not directions, diagram, or screws...having a hard time finding a good spot for the rear...tire in the way and i dont have the tools to tap into the frame...anyone know a good spot on the 04 for the rear?

shoota0075

Reaction score
how good are those BOSS amps? ,i have a 1000 watt sony, but it's going bad ,just wondering if BOSS is a good amp.