Which Radiator do i pick?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jstargell34

Reaction score
I have a 1999 Ford Expedition and I am trying to order a radiator on ebay but it asks if I have a towing package or not. I dont have a tow bar but I did notice that I have factory trailer light hook ups under the bumper with a female plug, but again not tow bar. Does this qualify me for the heavy duty radiator or how do I tell If I am buying the right one. I dont want to have to sent it back. VIN is 1FMRU1864XLA08715.

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
you can go to ford etis.com enter your vin number and get a read out of what all was in your expy when built.

After looking that up I see you have the 4.6 engine and no heavy duty tow package.

You most likely have a single row radiator at present You can use the two row radiator with no problems other than it will require an extra amount of coolant.

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
To the OP - I switched my single row rad to the 2 row without any problems. Everything fits without any mods.