Which tires are on your expy?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kailor

Reaction score
I've a 2000 expy 4.6L and have Goodyear Wrangler RT/S tires on. These are P255-70-R16. I bought the expy used in '03 with 43K miles on it and the tires looked BRAND NEW. I now have 88K miles on the expy. I've gotten about 45K miles on these tires and it's almost time to replace them. I'm not absolutely thrilled to death with this mileage nor am I greatly disappointed because I don't expect tires to last forever. I drive highway, city and light off-road sometimes. I sometimes tow a boat or a utility trailer. What tires do you guys and gals run on your expedition and would you purchase them again?

toocivil

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a 03 Expedition with about 40k on it now. I'm planning on replacing the tires sometime early next year. If your looking for a good tire at a good price give the Bridgestone Dueller A/T Revo a try. When I've replaced the tires on previous trucks I've owned the Dueller is what I've put on. I've tried other brands like Goodyear, BF Goodrich, and Michelen. But nothing I've owned has worn as good as the Dueller's. One tire I would definetly discourage against you buying is the Continentals that Ford is putting on the Expy's now. They are without a doubt the worst tire I have ever had on a vehicle.

chuck s

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Chesterfield, VA (that's south of Richmond, y'all)
I've run the Bridgestone Dueller A/T Revo tires on my Explorer (2 sets) and my daughter's Rodeo without any hiccups or concerns. I can't think of any reason they'd be less than excllent on an Expedition.

I removed nearly new Wrangler's from her Rodeo, they performed so bad I didn't think they were safe.

The Revo in the model name is vital, they're a different construction from what I can gather.

-- Chuck

Last edited:

wstuler

Reaction score
Happy New Year!
I just bought a replacement set of Wrangler RT/S for my 98 Expy EB. They are probably not the best tire available but they were cheaper than most ($101) per tire. I like the Dueller HL Alenza but they were about $150 each. So stuck with the Goodyear's. Good Luck.

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have to agree, the Conitrac SUV that came with the Expo(got it used at 9k miles) were real bad. Made it sound like I peeled out of everywhere. Worn down very bad and weren't very safe in the rain.

Did some research on Tirerack.com and chose the Firestone Destination LE because they were at a very good price for being around 7th place. So far, good in the rain and braking(both wet and dry). Arent too noisy and pretty comfy. Ive only used them on the highway, so I dont know how they would fare off road, but im sure they'd hold up for light off-roading.

On my parents' F250, they have Dueler A/T(not Revo) on them. Good tires. Almost no wear past 2-3 years(around 15k miles).

TaZ Racing

Reaction score
I haev an 03 EB and I have 275/70/17 Goodyear Triple Tread Forteras on and I have to say living in snow country these are fantastic tires. I tow a boat in the summer and Sleds in the winter and these tire are great overall for tracking, wet conditions, snow ect. Check out Tirerack for the low down on the tires, worth the investment and a 60000 mile warranty.

OP
OP
K

kailor

Reaction score
Thanks for everyone who posted and shared their tire stories with me. I just returned from purchasing a set of 4 Michelin LTX's. Expensive tires! I hope they last. Time will tell.

JoeExpedition

Reaction score
I also put on a set of Michelin LTX tires. These replaced Michelin X-Radial LT tires, which were good and long lasting.

Now whenever I buy anything I read reviews - and read many on the LTX tires - all said great all around and a tad better than X-Radial LT tires.

GaryH2

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Expy tires

I have Firestone Destination ATs on my 02 Expy. I am quite impressed with how quiet they are for ATs having had BFG AT on an F150.

I've got about 30000 miles miles on them and they still look great and run quiet.

Gary

OP
OP
K

kailor

Reaction score
I had a set of Michelin LTX tires put on the Expedition New Years Day (no waiting in line!). They feel great. I did a lot of online research that led me to this decision. They are EXPENSIVE. Time will tell if I made a good purchase.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
expresspedition