whimsical thoughts, or, Expedition into a "Bronco"..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Langer

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I wish they still made the Excursion. I would like to have one. '06 was the last one. I still see them around though. Some guys are putting Cummins diesel engines in them.

I’d love an excursion, too. Maybe one day.

Mike Norrell

Reaction score
In fact, Ford DID produce a limited 4 door Broncos (I read somewhere they were shipped to Mexico). I WOULD HAVE LOVED TO HAVE ONE!!! A 4 door Bronco with a 351 V8, 4bbl carb, a good cam, a BigStick 4 speed and lock in hubs would have been A BEAST...ah well, wishing won't get me one.

rare-1990-ford-bronco-4-door-4x4-eddie-bauer-edition-1.jpg

tommyddsr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
In fact, Ford DID produce a limited 4 door Broncos (I read somewhere they were shipped to Mexico). I WOULD HAVE LOVED TO HAVE ONE!!! A 4 door Bronco with a 351 V8, 4bbl carb, a good cam, a BigStick 4 speed and lock in hubs would have been A BEAST...ah well, wishing won't get me one.

View attachment 41797

That is one of the aftermarket conversions. They do look nice.

OP
OP
Thunderbirdsport

Thunderbirdsport

Full Access Members
Reaction score

View attachment 41797

Yeah, that's one of the Centurion conversions. While you can't see it in the pic, under the Bronco emblem is a smaller badge that says Centurion. Ford didn't build anything like these, other than possibly a prototype and I really doubt they even did that. The last few years of Broncos used tamper proof Torx bolts to hold the top on and they removed the wording from the owner's manual on how to safely take it off due to insurance reasons. If they were planning on keeping the Bronco in that removable top layout, they would've figured out a way to appease the attorneys AND the bean counters and keep it, alas, no, the Expedition was in the pipeline. Everyone wanted more doors and seats, and big SUVs were coming....

Reaction score
Yeah I see those Bronco Sport's driving around and I think they are just an an Exploder
They don't even compare to the Explorer, my wife has one and its twice the size of the Bronco Sport. The new Explorer are much better than their predecessors.

OP
OP
Thunderbirdsport

Thunderbirdsport

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Bronco Sport is just a re-skinned Escape. No idea on powerplants.

The last 2 gens of Exploder have been unibody. I test drove a '13 Sport before I drove the Expy. That ************* felt like an AWD Taurus that needed every suspension part replaced.

You can have that unibody crap. Give me a ladder frame and V8 so it'll pull it's own weight. Ecoboom is nice and all, but sometimes a feller needs to move stuff.

Grizguy

Reaction score
Even my wife liked our Bronko.. I don't remember the year.. One of the last years they made. I wanted an Excursion with a diesel.. But did not know it until after they quit making them. I was in Florida and needed a ride home to PA bought an expedition.. I liked it. Bought a new 18 expy MAX. Just a big car. They advertised BIG.. POWERFUL.. Sure lacks the power of the OLD expy or Bronko. Real unhappy with the electronics

Plati

Reaction score
They should remove Bronco from the model name and just call it "Sport". You know, like when the High School bully would call somebody "Sport". As in "hey Sport ... those are nice sneakers". Then he would step on them and get them all muddy.

OP
OP
Thunderbirdsport

Thunderbirdsport

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Since Ford is all about bringing back old nameplates....think they'd have had the Bronco, and....drumroll....Bronco II.

Guess all the marketing folks are just kids who weren't born until after the Bronco Deuce was disco'd. Bastards..

I want a II...Coyote and some mud tires...can you say mud ripper?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmdunham2