Who is running wheel spacers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BLUWAGN

Reaction score
@BLUWAGN do you happen to have a pic of the result? I just put F150 wheels on my XLT and although I was prepared for the axel shaft issue, I missed the offset issue (oops). I *think* that 5mm/10mm would work, especially since I put on aggressive tread AT (Toyo Open Country) tires. Also, can you confirm that you used standard lug nuts and avoided any changes to the lug bolt shaft? Obviously, on the rear, the total length will be 10mm shorter and I'm concerned that now the OE lugs would have commensurately fewer threads engaged.

View attachment 41140

View attachment 41141

I don't have a picture of the studs showing on the rear before the lugs went on. I counted the threads on the lugs before I ordered them, I'm trying to remember but I think there was about 15-18 threads slowing without the nut installed. These are 1.5mm pitch lug nuts so that means about 6 threads are covered by the 10mm. Quite a few threads left to engage the nut and not a worry by me. 20210304_221448.jpg

Calidad

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Many modern cars dont do well with spacers and have odd vibrations when used also. Seems like a cheap bandaid to force a change that isn’t really part of the design plan.

Reaction score
I called https://www.motorsport-tech.com/ yesterday and learned that their 3/8" spacer (~10mm) should work fine as-is but that they get returns on the 1/2" spacer for not having enough threads left... that sounds sketchy. At 3/4" and up the spacers all include studs but I need to do the math on whether that is deep enough to clear my OE studs without filing them down. I really don't want to go any longer than that.

Reaction score
I don't have a picture of the studs showing on the rear before the lugs went on. I counted the threads on the lugs before I ordered them, I'm trying to remember but I think there was about 15-18 threads slowing without the nut installed. These are 1.5mm pitch lug nuts so that means about 6 threads are covered by the 10mm. Quite a few threads left to engage the nut and not a worry by me. View attachment 41145
Hi BLUWAGN, do you know if the 5mm will work for rear or it has to be 10mm? Thanks.

scottdm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Many modern cars dont do well with spacers and have odd vibrations when used also. Seems like a cheap bandaid to force a change that isn’t really part of the design plan.
Couldn't agree more... Spacers are also tough on wheel bearings and Expy's have enough issues wtih wheels bearing failures with stock wheels.

Last edited: