Why me?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ninjafied

Reaction score
what have I possibly done to anger the ford gods? i can't catch a break.
i no sooner have my 4x4 fixed with all your help, thinking all is good in the world its friday, work is over, im going to get some beer and grab my kids some food from a drive through and boom my window drops.
i mean come on its canada, winter, cold, dark as hell out side and i dont have a garage to work in.
i guess i know what ill be doing in the mornig

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ford has the cheapest garbage windows of the entire auto industry I hear you there.

OP
OP
N

ninjafied

Reaction score
so a cable on the window regulator snapped, the dealer didn't have one but i did find one at a little parts dealer locally. the assembly is quite large, it holds the door speaker, side impact air bag sensor and the door handle. im back up and running for now just waiting for what comes next.

Plati

Reaction score
I've had to replace both front door window regulators on my 2003 Expy. Both happened in winter when I attempted to lower the windows. The expense is painful but not having a closed window in the bitter cold is worse. I now pretty much don't use the windows in winter unless they are totally ice free especially at the bottom seal. They tend to freeze up there and when you try to lower it ... Snap!

That problem, and the doors not latching in bitter cold are incredible. How can Ford keep their head in the sand like this? A cynical person would say they do it on purpose to generate parts sales.

Then there's that little suspension link that always breaks. Also the rear liftgate window wiper problem that locks the wiper and runs battery down. Vacuum hose that turns to dust. The paint flaking off rear liftgate. Design of the emergency brake. I'm sure somebody has a full list somewhere

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
One thing you can try.

Spray the rubber seal at the windows with silicon spray and also the door locks.
For the widows spray before the cold weather arrives and during the cold months It helps.

Last edited:

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The reason they put on these inferior parts is cost to profit. As long as we keep buying the vehicles, without legal protest, why would they stop. Anybody old enough to remember the Ford Pinto. This isn't something new. All the manufacturers do this. They find areas where they can cut costs. They figure if the part lasts more than 3-5 years, then they don't have to warranty it. Actually they saved on manufacture of original part, but their able to sell you a new better part, through their parts departments, and get you for labor through their service dept to install it! Don't you just love it. It's double dipping at its finest!

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

bobmbx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The reason they put on these inferior parts is cost to profit. As long as we keep buying the vehicles, without legal protest, why would they stop. Anybody old enough to remember the Ford Pinto. This isn't something new. All the manufacturers do this. They find areas where they can cut costs. They figure if the part lasts more than 3-5 years, then they don't have to warranty it. Actually they saved on manufacture of original part, but their able to sell you a new better part, through their parts departments, and get you for labor through their service dept to install it! Don't you just love it. It's double dipping at its finest!

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

Man up. Stop buying cars.

Plati

Reaction score
Man up. Stop buying cars.
I don't buy cars, I buy TRUCKS
Gol-Danggit

Besides us Americans love our cars and trucks. Best country in the world

And the Expedition is my truck of choice, on my third and best vehicles I've ever owned no matter how much I whine. Owned nothing but Expys since 1996