Wider tires?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You're gonna love this. Just scroll through and look at the build he did, and where he takes it.

https://www.explorerforum.com/forums/index.php?threads/46-1991-explorer-in-iceland.415099/

That kid is such an odd 50/50 mix of professional skills and wildly optimistic juvenile redneck amateurism...

Entertaining read, though

Gotta wonder about one thing, anybody with snow offroad experience wanna chime in? Is there anything he's doing where his crazy 46" diesel explorer can do it and a stock Raptor on 35's wouldn't???

Would you actually even need the Raptor? Or would a $4k Expedition SSV 4x4 with some lift spacers and appropriate tires do the trick??

2010ELExpy4x4

Reaction score
285/70 17 on ours (no lift yet, aftermarket wheels), fronts hit on dips and rolling roads (at higher speeds) but not too often.

Zero Offset

Reaction score
Planning to add wider tires to mine. Have some +0 Offset, 9" wide wheels though which I believe will help with fitment. Looking to test fit some after I add my leveling kit. Hoping to fit something as big as 305/55R20 or maybe even 35x12.5R20.