Window after market trims

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Anders

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just washed my 2007 Eddie B and the only thing thats annoy me is this:

One of the windows sills has this strange defect seen in pic below:

I have seen some after market trim bits on the web... like this for example:
Chrome

Is it junk/looks like shit in reality or is it an good option to make my car look proper again

Attachments

• window trim.jpg
    window trim.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 116

FordandPolaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It would probably look fine at first but who knows in 5 years. I would be concerned spending 80 bucks on something like that. Here is a thread detailing a cheaper route, depending on the availability of plasti-dip in Sweden. Even if it is not available, you could spray paint it black and it would look much better. My dad's 2004 has the same blue undercoating showing through on his window trim.

http://www.expeditionforum.com/f46/window-trim-21227/

OP
OP
Anders

Anders

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Plasti dip, sounds fun! Have to check out the availability of course.

The chrome trims would ad some extra bling-bling... could match the cheapish look of the chrome-plastic Eddie Bauer 20" rims :)
But 80 bucks and extra 60 for shipping to Sweden!

Last edited:

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have that too...I think the cause is when the truck is new...theres a plastic film on the sills...I pulled 3 off...didn't do my driver door cuz I appeared to have already been off...it wasn't it...that's what I believe it is...I will have mine painted...u can sand it and paint or plastidip as mentioned

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire