Window tint % and brand match up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blackwater

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I am going to tint my windows in the front to match the stock rears for now and later I will black out the rear.
Im thinking 20% for the stock rear windows…But I don’t want to be off.

What tints have you used, % and from where? I know there is different hue’s in the color of tint from brand to brand but what one did you find that matched the best?

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stock is 17-18%. See if you can get something closer to 15%, it would be better since the front windshield does let a bit of light in. I have 20% on my front ones, and it matches except on very bright days, where you can tell it is very slightly lighter.

Forgot what brand mine was (Solar tint or something like that) but it's a dye tint from what it seems. Supposed to have a lifetime warranty. Either way, it cost me 60 for the front two.

Here's a picture where you can see it is slightly lighter.

SNV35329.jpg

EDIT: Maybe a better word would be slightly different hue. Since it is dye, the front has a slight tinge of green, while the stockers are more smoked/greyish.

Last edited:

98EXPY 5-0

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just stay away from that crap that looks purple. And make sure you know your local laws on tint.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I added 15% all around but plan on doing the same....blacking out the rear doors back...my advise...you should show the contrast if youre going to black out...so i plan on blacked out winshield strip, 10% front window, blacked out from rear on...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharprd65