Window Trim

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BakerEdition

EF Chaplain
Reaction score
I have this trim rubber trim on every side...being this was a California truck it is sun beat. I have tried everything from back to black to wipe new and nothing seems to make this look any better. I thought I saw a picture on here somewhere that someone had some chrome covers or overlay they used....I want to keep it black, but dont want to replace these as it is just a cosmetic issue...they are rubber so paint is really not an option. any thoughts??

Attachments

• ResizeImage (4)01.jpg
    ResizeImage (4)01.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 102

FordandPolaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Lots of people have plasti-dipped them. Its not a perfect black like the paint you have, but it will look better than the current state. Mine are the same way. The plasti-dip will hold onto the rubber fine.

OP
OP
BakerEdition

BakerEdition

EF Chaplain
Reaction score
did you do yours? did you have to take them off? got any pictures...plastic dip...I have hear allot about this...is that the stuff in a spray can you see on TV.

OP
OP
BakerEdition

BakerEdition

EF Chaplain
Reaction score
is it a spray can or do you dip it...I have no experience with this stuff...HELP!

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i dont think u can do anything for it...i've noticed that too...dont think anything can be done outside of new door

OP
OP
BakerEdition

BakerEdition

EF Chaplain
Reaction score
its a trim piece that the body shop took off for painting...dont need a new door..the door is fine..

FordandPolaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
is it a spray can or do you dip it...I have no experience with this stuff...HELP!

Its a spray can, basically a spray paint. It is used to coat tool handles (and now truck rims) with a rubber coating. Home Depot, Lowes, pretty much anyone with a large spray paint section carries it. It works very well for this kind of application. All of my door trim, mirror caps, rims, and bumpers are covered with it.

I use a pressure washer to wash the truck too, no problems.

OP
OP
BakerEdition

BakerEdition

EF Chaplain
Reaction score
can you send me a couple of pics of your window trim...maybe I will go to the pull a part and get one of these pieces and give it a try...see if i like the look...im kinda **** about that after a 4k paint job...

FordandPolaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
can you send me a couple of pics of your window trim...maybe I will go to the pull a part and get one of these pieces and give it a try...see if i like the look...im kinda **** about that after a 4k paint job...

I forgot to mention why plasti-dip is so cool. If you do not like it, it will peel off in one piece. That makes it sound weak, but it really isn't.

Plasti-dip + clear coat:
picture.jpg

This is a good one. I have NOT done the window pieces you are referring to. You can see they look crappy. The plasti-dip is on the chrome door accents below and the mirror caps (also chrome). Nice flat black:
picture.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire