Window Woes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chuck s

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Chesterfield, VA (that's south of Richmond, y'all)
The driver's window in my '07 stuck down last winter (!) so fixing it moved up the priority list pretty fast.

I'd done all the silicone spray, etc., fixes and ended up putting a new regulator inside the door. This was after 10 years of service and my driver's window goes up and down dozens of times a day. No complaints as this window probably had thousands of cycles.

Replaced the rear wiper thru-glass fitting at the same time. It got thru the same 10 years just dribbling CLP on it occasionally.

- Chuck

mbed

Reaction score
I just did mine a month ago for the same issue. I used my original motor and just ordered the regulator. The window works flawless now.

You could try and grease the regulator slides and see how it goes but it pretty common for the cable to fray and cause this issue so it may not help

Fyi rockauto was the cheapest place I found for a motorcraft regulator

I have done both front doors at different times in my 08 EL. Used the Dorman ones and found them online for about $75-90 or so...don't remember exactly. There are a few videos which help and the job went exactly as described. They work nicely. The motorcraft ones seem to have the cabling get tangled and disengaged. I believe the Dorman ones are slightly improved in design but cannot be certain...HTH!

OP
OP
GaryH2

GaryH2

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Replaced the driver's side regulator and motor today. It's never worked better! Smooth, quick and quiet now!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

star-art

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If it has Auto Up/Down make sure to do the calibration procedure. And, still get that lubricant we discussed above and use it regularly to extend the life of the new parts. :)

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If it has Auto Up/Down make sure to do the calibration procedure. And, still get that lubricant we discussed above and use it regularly to extend the life of the new parts. :)

I’ve never heard of anybody getting the recalibrate procedure done correctly even at a dealer, you pretty much give up the auto up part.

star-art

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Both my front regulators were replaced and the Auto Up/Down on the driver's side works perfectly. The work was done at a local shop, not the dealer.

inmanlanier

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My turn with my 2012 on the driver's side. Two questions - do most folks prefer the Motorcraft part? My nose wrinkles because it's made in China. Next question - does anyone have a link to the procedure for the auto-up and down programming? Thanks

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My turn with my 2012 on the driver's side. Two questions - do most folks prefer the Motorcraft part? My nose wrinkles because it's made in China. Next question - does anyone have a link to the procedure for the auto-up and down programming? Thanks
I did the passenger side, $45 including shipping for the regulator and it has been working great for 8 months. It was going up an coming back down3" so I programmed it by getting it to go all the way up, hold switch 5 seconds, and then all the way down, hold switch 5 seconds............been great for 7-8 months.