Windows slow to roll.....??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

spotdog14

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Anyone care to post some step by step pics?
I should have take pics but basically

1) Remove all the screws holding door panel on, I think there are two on the bottom, one on the left side, two in the cup holder and one in the door handle opening.
2) Lift straight up until panel comes free (I didn't do this and broke the little lock indicator)
3) Cut away dust liner (I only cut the glue so I could reattach)
4) I cleaned my tracks first
5) reapply lubricant, I used both white lithium and silicone. Make sure you get both sides of the track, front and back.
6) Reassemble.

Here is a video of my window after I was done.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSX66dMMYQw&feature=c4-overview&list=UUv_JCETAFJJ6dNWrHgxvP0w

WIZARD

Reaction score
Last edited:

911jason

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks for the steps, I've taken off the door panels before to install speakers, but never had to remove the dust liner. How did you reattach it? Any problems with the lube streaking on the windows now?

spotdog14

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks for the steps, I've taken off the door panels before to install speakers, but never had to remove the dust liner. How did you reattach it? Any problems with the lube streaking on the windows now?
No problem in re-attaching it, the glue was still sticky enough that I didn't have to reapply any.

As for streaking on the windows. I did not do the most careful job of directing my spray. I decided to go the balls to the wall approach and lube everything. After a month or so after doing it ill get the occasional spot or streak but its rare now.

brfan

Reaction score
oops...

Guys... I was having this problem, but was out of town. Once it didnt roll up at all. Tried to "help" it up, and heard something snap. Not sure what did, but now I am having keep it held up through manual means. I hope to take off panel this weekend for further investigation.

Is dust panel hard to deal with? After market places for motors or regulators if I decide to replace them once I am in there?

Thanks!

spotdog14

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have gotten spoiled by my drivers side window since lub'ing it up and now need to do the passenger side as well.

tbirdkeys

Reaction score
Ok everyone. I just bought an 07 Expy EB and the drivers side window was barely going up and down. I read these posts and figured it was probably the regulator. I called all my local auto parts stores and found a price range from $130 to $180. I did some more research online and found Dorman makes all four regulators for the Expy and they are redesigned and upgraded with heavier duty parts for a fraction of the price. I ordered mine on Amazon for $88 with free shipping. Just google search for Dorman products. I changed mine out in about 1.5 hours and it easy. Works great now and the motor was fine. I also found Dorman also make the blend door actuators for about half the price of the dealer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bryanabernathy

Reaction score
Windows slow - can't roll all way up

I have a 2007 Expedition EL. Windows have always been slow. My Mom has a 2008 Expedition with no problems. I have been back to dealership 2 or 3 times. They have greased the tracks and last time replaced both motors while still under warranty. Now they have gotten worse than they ever were. Right side makes horrible squeaking noise and comes about an inch short of rolling all the way up. Drivers side is just slow but at least works. What good will it do to go back to dealership because obviously they can't fix it. Any help is appreciated.