would you use a chinese part on your exped? (rear window strut)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ramon Triton

Reaction score
my rear window is getting a bit heavy to lift. it still has the original struts from 1999.

part # f75b 7842104 ac

i prefer ford/motorcraft branded stuff but just couldn't find new ones online so settled on a chinese oem manufacturer.

it was just 30 usd shipped from china to philippines.

will review once it's installed.

20210108_095815.jpg

JamaicaJoe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I did a whole set of struts, hood, tailgate, rear glass. A big improvement. Very inexpensive. However, I did have one make a strange pop while opening during cold weather this past week, so I am going to be checking them carefully. I dont want the glass to get stressed.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

vincentrose

Reaction score
Well since half the parts on most new cars (Expy's included) are made in China anyway, I dont think we have much of a choice, do we?

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
my rear window is getting a bit heavy to lift. it still has the original struts from 1999.

part # f75b 7842104 ac

i prefer ford/motorcraft branded stuff but just couldn't find new ones online so settled on a chinese oem manufacturer.

it was just 30 usd shipped from china to philippines.

will review once it's installed.

I hate to be the one to break it to you, but half the stuff on the truck is made in China. A couple months ago I picked up a Motorcraft pulley assembled in Germany with bearings stamped "China."

Plati

Reaction score
The strut (or whatever it's called) that holds the hood up in my 2003XLT is not strong enough to reliably hold it up. It can come "crashing down". I use an old antique square profile yardstick to hold it up if I ever need to work in there. I'm trying to avoid putting any money in the RUSTBUCKET BEATER that I can avoid. It's headed for the junkyard. The rear hatch is different, no good way to do that so a few years ago I bought FoMoCo parts and fixed that.

mnachreiner86

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I’ve used them in variety of vehicles and they’ve been fine. It’s a non critical part so you can buy several of them for the cost of one OEM if they do go back snd they only take two seconds to change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HighSierra49er

Reaction score
I replaced both the rear glass tailgate struts as well as the hood struts two years ago with imported parts and everything has worked great.

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
Some work, some don't. Like most China parts. It's easy to change, so you're not out hours of labor to save a few bucks. Hope it works out. Good luck.

Life's been good to me, so I support American labor whenever I can and spend the extra money. The better quality also saves me work, aggravation and usually money in the long run.

Machete

My Rig. 2000 EB 4x4 5.4L
Reaction score
I always research parts to find Made in USA.

Spicer suspension parts used to be made in US but I think they went to Mexico like Moog.

When I rebuilt my ok’d Shovelhead I used 100% made in USA. But then it’s a 1970 Harley and the Chicoms aren’t in that market.