wtf is wrong with my expedition!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2000eb

Full Access Members
Reaction score
alright now which 2 hoses are you talking about? the two that come into the tb on the driver side one above the other?

designit

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I think he's talking about the two tubes that come off the EGR tube, along side the power steering cup / bracket & into the PVCS@#%&@ (something or rather :) -- a silver rectangular shaped (whatever) about 4x2 x 1" thick...

I marked mine before I removed them but his observation that one hose is shorter than the other & when switched around (wrong) the shorter one does quite reach is same condition on mine, so I think ?? he's got it right.

2000eb

Full Access Members
Reaction score
ya i just came back in from my truck and i agree i have always been able to reset my computer by disconnecting the battery though so not sure whats wrong there. but you gotta disconnect it for atleast thirty min i think i disconnected it the other day for like to min and my radio presets where still good so i doubt it reset my computer

OP
OP
S

SunsetAZ

Reaction score
ok well i went to emissions today and the guy told me i had to drive the truck more before the computer allows him to test it. and i went 35 miles today ( for no ******* reason) and my check engine light came on. im at the end of my rope with this thing.

2000eb

Full Access Members
Reaction score
did you get a new code from the cel? give us codes and we will help the best we can

OP
OP
S

SunsetAZ

Reaction score
ok i went to autozone and got the codes read. p0306,p0406. cylinder 6 misfire, and insufficient flow egr. so in the past 6 weeks or so ive replaced the sensor, the egr valve, ripped off the throttle body or whatever that is and cleaned the gunk from the holes. replaced the gaskets. can of seafoam in the tank. im honestly getting to the point where i want to have my buddy lend me his scanner and ill put it up for sale and just flash it lol. this truck is driving me insane.

jjbusa

Full Access Members
Reaction score
p0306 doesn't that mean you may have a bad coil.

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yes any p030"X" is a misfire... and the last # would indicate which cylinder is misfiring... in his case #6 is

OP
OP
S

SunsetAZ

Reaction score
i already stated what they mean, and the parts ive replaced. can anyone help me. im really thinking about getting rid of the ford. ive never had such ****** mpg in my life and i used to drive a chevy with a 27inch lift.

Explor2Exped

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i have a friend coming over tonight with his scanner and he said he is gonna clear it. he said unhooking the battery doesnt work.

Not true. My engine light stayed on after I cleaned out the MAF. I unhooked the battery & the CEL disappeared. If it does, your drive cycle is 150 miles & if the CEL doesn't pop up after that you should be good to go.

To fix the p0406 (I've fixed this) buy the EGR Valve & EGR Sensor. Stop messing with hoses & things just replace these two pieces.

For the other code I dunno because I haven't had to deal with that.