XLT Taillight Retrofit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Lukewang01

Lukewang01

Reaction score
Just realized that I never did a drawing on this. The effect of not connecting the red wire remains unknown. I never got my hand on a passenger-side taillight, so wiring colors might be flipped on that one.

IMG_0621(20210828-071317).jpg

KARWECK

Reaction score
In the video it appears dim. Kinda hard to tell at that angle. I have noticed with mine that as soon as the marker lights shut off the directional on the left side will be dim for about 5-10 flashes and then brighten back up. It is normal after that. And normal when the lights are on. I will be reprogramming my bcm to led I’m hoping it will fix the issue. Hopefully will be doing it this week. Other than that they work as they should.
Did you get a chance to do the reprograming? Curious if it worked.

MVought

Reaction score
With the price of the led tail lights I would be nearly as happy to go halogen from my led. The running light (low state)on my passenger side has stopped working. moisture has ruined it I guess.

cjfarm11

Reaction score
I tried that harness and the taillights don’t work properly. Everything plug and play but the brake lights don’t function properly unless your running lights are on. I spent the money on new led tailights to replace the halogens and now I can’t use them. Not a happpy camper