Xlt to eddie bauer swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ajspellm

Reaction score
Hey guys just wondering if anyone has ever swapped the leather heated seats into there expeditions? I found a deal on craigslist for the two front seat and a rear leather seats for 50 bucks. I was wondering if the xlt's are wired up for the heated seats to work? I am wanting to buy these if so but want to make sure before I commit. I am sure someone has done this but couldnt find anything. The seats are out of a 2000 expedition and that is what I have but have clothe seats. I would think it would work but just want to make sure.
Thanks

tonydiv

technical advisor
Reaction score
Mine had leather "limited" seats installed, I asume from an F150, and the harnesses are all factory, so it looks like it was a direct swap.
Are the switches for the heat actually on the seat itself? If not, then they may not work without some additional hardware.

OP
OP
A

ajspellm

Reaction score
Ya they are on the seats. The guy sent me some pictures and they looked really nice for $50.

tonydiv

technical advisor
Reaction score
I'd go for it. I'd be wlling to bet that the swap will be a piece of cake.

The absolute worst case scenerio... you double your money by listing them on Craigslist

OP
OP
A

ajspellm

Reaction score
Thats what I was thinking. I am really surprised at some of the stuff I find on craigslist. That is where I found those seats. Think I am going to go look at them sunday. Hope they are as good as they sounds and then hopefully they wire up alright.

jimmyv13

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Even if you have to do a bit of work to get them to function, can't go wrong for $50. I've been hunting around for a pair of rear heated seats for my EB Expy and nothing is under $100. I'd say jump on it and make it work because you won't find that set any cheaper.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gagez