Yeeee Haw!! I've got problems...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
oldpaddy

oldpaddy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Keep the shop honest with a 2nd or 3rd opinion. Thats a lot of replacement with the given mileage.
They're being honest.
I live on a bad dirt road, have 3/2 spacers and drive 80+ miles 6 days a week. Plus our roads are garbage in Massachusetts
Luckily I purchased the extended warranty when I bought the car last year. They should pay for most of it.

Icemanjones

Reaction score
What year is yours? My 07 doesnt have a "rear upper control arm" it has like 4 little ones plus the rear lower control arm. Its like a spider holding that shit on.

OP
OP
oldpaddy

oldpaddy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What year is yours? My 07 doesnt have a "rear upper control arm" it has like 4 little ones plus the rear lower control arm. Its like a spider holding that shit on.
'14. The mechanic wasn't sure what they were. I work at the shop and I had to call the dealership to see what some of the parts are. Ended up being rear links and rear ball joints, but you can't order rear ball joints. I have to order the arm assemblies.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The CV axles on these don’t typically go bad if ever....if they are paying for it ok. If not I’d have a second opinion. Another thing, the control arms typically don’t go bad on these trucks either....they last 200-300,000 miles. Sounds like a lot of parts that don’t need replacing.

bobmbx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
They're being honest.
I live on a bad dirt road, have 3/2 spacers and drive 80+ miles 6 days a week. Plus our roads are garbage in Massachusetts
Luckily I purchased the extended warranty when I bought the car last year. They should pay for most of it.
There's a dirt road on Cape Cod?

OP
OP
oldpaddy

oldpaddy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
There's a dirt road on Cape Cod?
Yup. A lot actually. Not as many as there once was, but there's still a lot. I live a half mile out on a dirt road. Hell, I didnt get street numbers until the 90s and we don't have rural mail delivery. I couldn't get cable until the early 00's. Also, my only source of heat is a coal stove and fire place.

Last edited:
OP
OP
oldpaddy

oldpaddy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
One mechanic at the shop says he thinks most of the repairs needed are because of the 3/2 spacers and another one thinks it's because of the age, mileage and where I live.