Your thoughts on Voice-Activated Touchscreen Navigation System

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

airdocs

Reaction score
With Apple Play and Apple Maps having free traffic, is there any reason to upgrade to the Voice-Activated Touchscreen Navigation System with Pinch-to-Zoom Capability, SiriusXM Traffic and Travel Link at the cost of $700 when Apple Maps integrates well and is free?
Am i missing something?
Thanks for replies in advance

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
With Apple Play and Apple Maps having free traffic, is there any reason to upgrade to the Voice-Activated Touchscreen Navigation System with Pinch-to-Zoom Capability, SiriusXM Traffic and Travel Link at the cost of $700 when Apple Maps integrates well and is free?
Am i missing something?
The native navigation is really great, surprisingly, and gives you computer generated images of your upcoming highway interchanges and whatnot. I was actually really surprised. That being said, I would never pay extra for nav in a car that is CarPlay enabled. But it comes with the Platinum trim so here I am.

Bottom line: to me, it's not worth any amount of money on its own, but it may come with other things that are (like on the technology package).

DogDad

Reaction score
Am i missing something?

And now Waze is available through Apple Car Play too. It’s much more stable than using it through Ford Apps. For me Waze is the only nav for me.

edizzle

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Am i missing something?
if it was just apple maps, i would say absolutely spend the money!!!!!!! but now we have google maps and waze, i would not spend the money, but as aggiegrad (rolltide) said, "i got the platinum, so here i am"