03 Ford Expedition 5.4L Stall and no start right away.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mac2k

Reaction score
I have been having a issue with my Expedition lately. Start a month ago with a stall out and no start after stall. Thought it was plugs and coils since they have never been changed in 8 years and has 180k on it. Also got a miss-fire code on cylinder #2. Replaced the plugs and coils. Still have a the stall out even when I press the gas to keep it running. After Stay out if it sits for almost a min it starts up and runs but not for long. I don't know if I have a fuel problem or something else. Now I am trying to figure out because it leaves me sitting at almost every stop light.

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Start with getting a reading on the fuel pressure. KOEO should be 35 psi or higher up to 45-50psi. Read again when it quits.
You won't get a code for fuel pressure on this generation, no sensor monitoring it.

CaptainKrunch

Reaction score
Integrated fuel pump relay in fuse box at passenger foot well is definitely suspect here. They are soldered in. You can test this theory by using a 12 volt jumper to the 14 gauge green with yellow stripe wire on the plug in at the top of the fuse box.

When it goes bad it causes issues with voltage going to fuel pump.

That wire carries power from the internal relay to the fuel pump.

I just bypassed mine yesterday by adding an external bosch style relay. My old one was still working fine but I have read too many stories to know this is an issue that I don't want to have to deal with at the wrong time.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zeroday