04 EB electrical issue-delayed acc relay issue?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Fordgirl01

Fordgirl01

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I do remove the jumper-I will take a look a the dvd-thank you! I did test the fuses yesterday with the meter as I was testing the ones you listed. That’s why I noticed #8 wasn’t working! I will go back out and recheck.

OP
OP
Fordgirl01

Fordgirl01

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mini fuses 7 and 22 of course still don’t have any voltage as well as 42, 36 (I see they are for trailer signals) and 8 still doesn’t work. I tried starting vehicle and pressing rear defrost button. The button will not stay on. 23 and 25 have voltage with low beams on; 35 works with high beams on. I started to test the maxi fuses but after spending what seemed like a lifetime fishing the little plastic cover out from under the wad of wires for the radio, I had to give up for now (it’s cold in my garage)! I assume I need to test all of those as well? The first 4 tested good. Is that how you test the maxis....by popping off the little clear plastic cover?

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
OK fuse #7 will only have power when the key is in the start position
Fuse #8 will only have power when the rear window defrost relay is energized

And we know 22 is good when you use the jumper

Yes removing the covers is about the only way to check them while they are in the socket

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have the same problem with my read defrost Seems when the controls are cold they won't come on but after everything heats up then the button will work. Haven't had a chance to check into it yet

OP
OP
Fordgirl01

Fordgirl01

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ok-I will forget about the rear defrost for now until I get the vehicle up to temp to check it again. I did have the key on while checking fuses. So #7 should have had power? The radio did come on when I have the jumper in place though. I will check the rest of the maxi fuses and post results. Happy Thanksgiving!

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
#7 only has power in the start position You will not see power with the key in the on/run position Only when the engine is cranking over.

Sending you a PM check your in box