04 EB electrical issue-delayed acc relay issue?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Fordgirl01

Fordgirl01

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I will do this tomorrow when I get home and post results. Put jumper back on pins 30 and 87, and let you know what isn’t working-got it!
The diagrams make sense after you explain what is supposed to happen-thanks again for sharing your knowledge.

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
DC circuits are easy Think of them like water flowing thru a pipe start at one point and just follow the lines. Understanding the components and what they do may be a little confusing.

Look at the prints follow the line to fuse 401 then follow each line from 401 and you will see what fuse 401 provides power to then do the same for fuse 22

OP
OP
Fordgirl01

Fordgirl01

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So-401 supplies power to master window adjust switch. 22 powers door locks, window switches, and roof opening. Did I get that right? And it looks like the delay relay sends power to both fuse 22and 401? I would have never figured out how the instrument panel comes into play.

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Your somewhat correct You at least have a good idea of what is going on now Keep in mind these prints are for an 03 model and are almost the same as your 04 However there are a few differences

I'll get back to you tomorrow

OP
OP
Fordgirl01

Fordgirl01

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Fused jumper back on pins 30 and 87....with the key off, the radio and windows (including moon roof) work and the window switches are illuminated. Key on-wipers, blower work. Still not working: auto headlights, interior lights, no info readout on the dash, no buzzer when keys are in the switch, 4wd indicator not working. I wasn't sure if I should start it with the jumper wire to see if the 4wd indicator came on when it was running and to see if the gauges work (I am assuming they do not but I am not certain). Should I start it?

OP
OP
Fordgirl01

Fordgirl01

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Same things still do not work-4wd, auto headlights, interior lights, dash info, buzzer for key in switch, gauges. Starting it made no difference.

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
OK Now I know you said fuses were ok But that was before you had a understanding of the Meter

Need for you to check all fuses and let me know what is good and if any are blown

Key may need to be in the run position to test some of the fuses

Any fuse that appears to be bad you may have to pull and check with the ohm meter

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It would benefit you if you get a copy of the service manual on DVD from E-Bay $14.99

eBay item number:

Seller is morpheousking