2000 Eddie Bauer No Heat.......

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Solefly87

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hi guys. I'm new here. Not trying to jump in anybody's thread but I am in the same boat. With no heat. But I think my problem is just the way the heater core hoses are connected. I just bought the expedition from a friend of mine that actually disconnected the hoses and tried replacing them because "they looked old". He couldn't get it done so he just reconnected them back. But he's not sure he did it right. Would anybody be able to provide the diagram for the heater core hoses? I have a 2000 expedition XLT 4.6l with front and rear heat. I know the hoses split at some point to the rear heater core hoses. But I don't know which goes where and can't really find any good pictures threads on this. Sorry for the long post.
Thanks
Tony

OP
OP
B
Reaction score
UPDATE:

Over the weekend, I installed some coolant flush Tees, clamped off the supply and return lines to both heater cores, and clamped off the supply and return line to the rear heater core. That left me with direct flow through the front heater core. I rigged up some hoses using a garden hose and flushed the hell out of it. After that, I used a drill pump and ran some radiator flush and hot water into the core until it came out the other end and let it sit for about 20 min. After that, I kept going back in forth with garden hose on both sides of the core, until i stopped getting debris out of it. I did this for probably about an hour of back and forth. After filling the core back up with coolant. I ran the engine. Immediately a difference in heat. I used to only see about 100 degrees inside the vent, but after the flush it was reading about 125-135 degrees inside the front vents. Granted the ambient air temp was 60 degrees, so we will see how well it will heat when its actually cold out and how long this will last.

I also did not get to do the rear as I wanted to see if there was an improvement in the front before I took another hour flushing a core. So I will move onto the rear core core in the next week or two and see how that one turns out and probably flush the front one more time just because. Especially since I have all the buckets, hoses and drill pump set up done, might as well just use it. I also added a small jug of coolant conditioner and rust preventive to try to slow down any further build up on the cores. Ultimately, if I can get a year of warm heat until I have to do it again, Ill be happy. Not that big of a job, just time consuming.

Still got a little more work to do and more flushes. But overall, it was a success at least figuring it out that the cores were the problem. Thank you everyone for your input!!

OP
OP
B
Reaction score
Hi guys. I'm new here. Not trying to jump in anybody's thread but I am in the same boat. With no heat. But I think my problem is just the way the heater core hoses are connected. I just bought the expedition from a friend of mine that actually disconnected the hoses and tried replacing them because "they looked old". He couldn't get it done so he just reconnected them back. But he's not sure he did it right. Would anybody be able to provide the diagram for the heater core hoses? I have a 2000 expedition XLT 4.6l with front and rear heat. I know the hoses split at some point to the rear heater core hoses. But I don't know which goes where and can't really find any good pictures threads on this. Sorry for the long post.
Thanks
Tony

Im not sure if the 4.6 is the same as the 5.4 in regards to hose routing. But I can at least snap a few pictures for you of the routing I have to maybe help you out. Ill probably be able to do it in the next couple days.

Solefly87

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Im not sure if the 4.6 is the same as the 5.4 in regards to hose routing. But I can at least snap a few pictures for you of the routing I have to maybe help you out. Ill probably be able to do it in the next couple days.

Thank you so much. I'd really appreciate the help.

2001 EXPEDITION

Reaction score
A. Live reading obd 2 device...ain't gonna help not 1 bit in getting the heat to work.. al it will show is tranny temp and actual engine temps not HVAC temps... I'm about Ready to toss a match at my 2001 expedition e.b
5.4L piece of sh@#. It gets heat in the rear. Just fine, when I got it rear was not connected massive coolant leak from hoses and passenger side rear intake, and return tube...so replaced the intake the tube the water pump and hoses and. The front core.. the blend door the blend door. Motor... Verified. The door works...left rear disconnected.... burnt my hands in the in and out hoses.....and if you leave the. HVAC off let the system. Get hot..... Turn on the heat or. Defrost..... You'll get hot air....then once the. Ac gets up too speed... it basically over powers the heater and you get warm then cool. Only... In the vents.... Soooo maybe there wasnt. ENUFF coolant traveling thought the core to keep it. Hot Soo I. Added an auxiliary water pump inline to the heater core.. same deal... I. Decided to see if. The rear would work... Connected it like the manual...hell it worked in back.... Then just for. S&G. I ran the hoses in a loop fashion removed the T connectors...Soo from. Engine to front heater out to auxiliary pump to rear core out too return tube... Just. To see if maybe just maybe my new core in front was m issue.....and wow still had heat in rear while the front does the same ol crap

I've thought. Of. Placing an electric core in front remove the dam leak waiting to. Happen out of the front. But can't seem to find electric heater cores out there that I could put in place... I'm sick of tearing this. Thing apart... Replacing everything amd still getting no results .... FORD is the biggest piece of crap I've ever owned and maintained ... I'll never in my life own another!

Hello my BMW is easier to work on ....and they are.worldd. Renowned for being difficult too maintain... for cruising out loud..
THIS HEAT THING SHOULDN'T EVEN BE AN ISSUE FORD, WTF!!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire