2007 Expedition, Engine Vibration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

icrashcars

Reaction score
Truck has a strong vibration throughout the body. Can be felt lightly at idle, but no needle movement (idles at 500 in drive, 750 in Park). At 80MPH, it is so bad the truck feels squirrelly.

No Engine Codes. Truck pulls hard and doesn't have any obvious misses or hesitation.

Maintenance done to try and improve the situation:
8 New Motorcraft plugs (SP515)
8 New Motorcraft Coilpacks (DG511)
Cleaned and inspected all connections.
Cleaned MAF
Cleaned Throttlebody
New Air Filter

No improvement.

Should mention I regularly use Techron fuel system cleaner. tires have been recently balanced.

Any insight would be appreciated.

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
May not be engine related.

Jack all four corners up enough to spin the wheels and watch the tires for roundness and wobble. Also observe the driveshaft for wobble.

Play if safe - don't get close enough to anything rotating so that it grabs you. And have a helper with you in case something goes wrong.

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
Run your hands accross the treads of your tires. See if you feel it being bumpy or if maybe you have a bump out of your inner side walls.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Icrashars, does say that it can be felt lightly at idle and provides RPM in park so, I'm assuming that means the vehicle is stopped. I still think its engine mount related.

OP
OP
I

icrashcars

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies.

I did thoroughly check all driveline components, tires, and wheel bearings. Nothing has stood out.

I didnt see any leaks coming from the engine mounts. (they are hydraulic, correct?)

Im taking it into the dealer this week. I still 2.5 months left on my extended warranty, hopefully thy find something that is covered.

Truck has been exhibiting the "squawk" on forced downshifts, so at the very least that will be fixed under warranty.

Ill post an update after the dealer visit.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Im taking it into the dealer this week. I still 2.5 months left on my extended warranty, hopefully thy find something that is covered.

Truck has been exhibiting the "squawk" on forced downshifts, so at the very least that will be fixed under warranty.

Ill post an update after the dealer visit.
Glad you have the warranty! Good luck, don't let them off the hook until they find it or it will be annoying you for a long time or until something expensive breaks. :)

OP
OP
I

icrashcars

Reaction score
Update on vibration...
Took it to my local Ford dealer and they had it for a couple weeks. I took an initial rid with the tech to point out the issues.

After a physical inspection they used some sort of vibration diagnosis device and identified the torque convert as the main culprit.

The "squawking" noise was bad friction plates.
And the clunking was attribute to the valve body.

Long story short, I am getting a remanufactured transmission under warranty.

They also found a leaking axle seal and the Passenger side exhaust manifold is warped. Also being covered under warranty.

With all of the recent engine maintenance I performed, this truck should drive like new.