2015/2016

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

powerboatr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
forgot
the reboot afterwards took about 4 to reload nav, then find usb with music
this one handed typing is killing me

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well that was easy. Thanks so much for your help LokiWolf. Here is a video I did to document the installation.

Well done Brad. I was thinking it was going to be harder to flip out the one in the Expy vs the Edge, but actually looked easier. Definitely had more room to get the leverage with the screwdriver.

OP
OP
mdntblu

mdntblu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well done Brad. I was thinking it was going to be harder to flip out the one in the Expy vs the Edge, but actually looked easier. Definitely had more room to get the leverage with the screwdriver.
Yeah I was expecting it to be difficult but it was very easy and I was doing it with one hand while holding the camera. LOL

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why can't I access this section? I was able to get the button to side to the right one time and I accepted the conditions but next time I clicked on it, it was grayed out. (It was like this both before and after the upgrade so not upgrade related.) Essentially when you slide the button to the on position it asks if your vehicle can use the data plan in your phone to communicate with Ford. When the phone is plugged in I cannot get to it. (I have an iPhone 6 plus.)

IMG_5382.JPG

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
my mobile apps was there. and it looked like android thingy was added
my music usb has more icons ?
I didn't have my phone connected with the USB cable so it doesn't show any of the Apple CarPlay stuff until I connect and then I can't see any of the regular Sync 3 screens.