2018+ Post Pictures Thread!- Lets see those shiny new trucks!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ID~B732~S0~I1~RW1280~H960~TH0&width=640&height=480.jpg

Sometimes just the edges are sharp.

Wonder what these are going for....... the insurance companies pay probably almost double what you or me pay for if we walk into a body shop to get a truck fixed. For the right price who knows.

Last edited:

MonkeyBrains

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So since it’s at an auction does this mean the insurance company totaled the vehicle? That damage looks bad but not ‘totaled’ bad. I’m no insurance adjuster so I’m speaking well outside my realm of expertise.

Does not mean they totaled the vehicle. Some policies will replace vehicles, especially high-dollar and very new vehicles, even in situations with light to moderate damage. If an insurance company buys the vehicle from the owner or replaces it for them, the damaged one will often go to auction or wherever they feel they can get the most return for it. I think they’ll do alright on this one. Of course, we don’t see the full extent of damage in this photo... He could have run over a tree stump or something and while it tore up the front end, may have gutted it underneath... Or if he was caught between two larger vehicles for a double-ended impact, the fame could be tweaked and it is indeed totaled. ...In all seriousness though, it looks like the brunt of the impact was on the passenger side front. Probably indicating a cross-traffic collision. If the Gator driver was not at fault, then the other driver’s insurance probably has to swallow the cost of a new Gator...

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Does not mean they totaled the vehicle. Some policies will replace vehicles, especially high-dollar and very new vehicles, even in situations with light to moderate damage. If an insurance company buys the vehicle from the owner or replaces it for them, the damaged one will often go to auction or wherever they feel they can get the most return for it. I think they’ll do alright on this one. Of course, we don’t see the full extent of damage in this photo... He could have run over a tree stump or something and while it tore up the front end, may have gutted it underneath... Or if he was caught between two larger vehicles for a double-ended impact, the fame could be tweaked and it is indeed totaled. ...In all seriousness though, it looks like the brunt of the impact was on the passenger side front. Probably indicating a cross-traffic collision. If the Gator driver was not at fault, then the other driver’s insurance probably has to swallow the cost of a new Gator...
In one of the pictures, the rear driver's side door isn't all the way closed. If you own one of these you know they are so well insulated that you really have to close the doors with gusto to get them to close all the way, and that may be whats going on here. But it also may be that the frame is tweaked such that the door will not close all the way.

I'm not saying buying one of these vehicles, even with some frame damage, wouldn't be a steal in the $30k-$40k range, but the idea of doing something like that has always terrified me. Plus, you really have to be willing to drive it until the wheels fall off as trying to resell it with a salvage title is not going to be a picnic.

Related note: given the front end damage, I am a little surprised the front airbags didn't deploy.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Despite the body damage, the cabin in all but the actual body shells being penetrated are all pretty well held together. Seems pretty safe to me.