2018 Rear Entertainment Initial Feedback

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
zarga

zarga

Reaction score
Bump for this thread. Curious if others are experiencing audio lag, system latency and clunkiness, etc.

I've tried that streaming thing that all the cool kids do, and yes, I've experienced moments of dropped sound. At first I thought my kids were messing with something. Thank goodness for the CD player. ;-) The whole audio setup on the truck is a giant disappointment. I'd go so far as to call it a failure considering the price.

gtnator

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've tried that streaming thing that all the cool kids do, and yes, I've experienced moments of dropped sound. At first I thought my kids were messing with something. Thank goodness for the CD player. ;-) The whole audio setup on the truck is a giant disappointment. I'd go so far as to call it a failure considering the price.

Man, that’s not good. Hopefully Ford will offer a fix for this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Garrett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Pretty much seals my fate for a Navigator here. One of the things keeping the Expy on the list was the loads of extras in the Platinum like RSE. If it sucks, which it sounds like it does, I'm fine forfeiting it for the more expensive Gator...

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Pretty much seals my fate for a Navigator here. One of the things keeping the Expy on the list was the loads of extras in the Platinum like RSE. If it sucks, which it sounds like it does, I'm fine forfeiting it for the more expensive Gator...
Get the Gator, you’ll be glad you spent the extra cash. It’s easy to see where the extra money goes each time I get into mine.

gtnator

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I wouldn’t be too sure that it works better in the Gator without testing it. We’re talking about the rear seat entertainment, right? I want to hear from someone who has this option in the Navigator.

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I wouldn’t be too sure that it works better in the Gator without testing it. We’re talking about the rear seat entertainment, right? I want to hear from someone who has this option in the Navigator.

I think he means ditching the RSE and applying that money towards the more expensive Navigator.

rcompart

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Something that I've grown rather upset with in addition to the sync issues between the BT audio and the video is the inability to control anything from the driver seat and getting everything playing on both screens is an ordeal when the little ones are anxious. Yes, I know I can use an app to control the menus on the screen with my phone but without seeing the screens to know what menu I'm on, it's worthless and if I’m in the back looking at the screen, I might as well be controlling it from one of the remote controls. I think I'm going to start tearing into everything and try to figure out a way to build an interface that will be plug and play to route the audio through discrete wiring to the radio and view the screens on the front display so you can see the on-screen menus and then control them as well. Kinda sad how poorly everything is implemented given how much this system cost.

wrc7732

Reaction score
So can you not have your phone connected via Bluetooth when you have the TV’s playing their sound through it? Or is it multi source Bluetooth capable?

gtnator

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Something that I've grown rather upset with in addition to the sync issues between the BT audio and the video is the inability to control anything from the driver seat and getting everything playing on both screens is an ordeal when the little ones are anxious. Yes, I know I can use an app to control the menus on the screen with my phone but without seeing the screens to know what menu I'm on, it's worthless and if I’m in the back looking at the screen, I might as well be controlling it from one of the remote controls. I think I'm going to start tearing into everything and try to figure out a way to build an interface that will be plug and play to route the audio through discrete wiring to the radio and view the screens on the front display so you can see the on-screen menus and then control them as well. Kinda sad how poorly everything is implemented given how much this system cost.

That sounds horrible.