2018 Rear Entertainment Initial Feedback

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gtnator

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hopefully Ford/Lincoln fixes their RSE. Other reviews are saying its horrible too. Too bad, cause if it worked as advertised, it would have been one of the best in the industry.

Garrett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Once you figure out how to turn it on, is it easy to get going for the rear passengers?

gtnator

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OP was complaining that having the sound come out of the car speakers was the issue, delays were so bad its unusable. He did say that using headphones were fine.

One question i have after reading the OP complaint again and watching the above video: In the video, at least for the Navigator the owner said it does NOT come with a DVD player. However the OP discussed issues with his DVD player in the Expy. So does the Expy have a dvd as part of the RSE but not the Navigator?

OP
OP
zarga

zarga

Reaction score
One question i have after reading the OP complaint again and watching the above video: In the video, at least for the Navigator the owner said it does NOT come with a DVD player. However the OP discussed issues with his DVD player in the Expy. So does the Expy have a dvd as part of the RSE but not the Navigator?

That's what it sounds like. The Expy has a DVD player in the driver headrest. Doesn't sound like the Gator does.

Six weeks later and I still hate it. The awful bluetooth-through-the-speakers is still unusable and the inability to control the content from the front is frustrating. The kids complain about the amount of static when using the headphones. On the plus side, we've been using the CD player to listen to a lot more audiobooks.

Garrett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That's what it sounds like. The Expy has a DVD player in the driver headrest. Doesn't sound like the Gator does.

Six weeks later and I still hate it. The awful bluetooth-through-the-speakers is still unusable and the inability to control the content from the front is frustrating. The kids complain about the amount of static when using the headphones. On the plus side, we've been using the CD player to listen to a lot more audiobooks.

Is it the same system as the Gator?

gtnator

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

That's a great point. The video shows that a back seat occupant can scroll through menus and select different videos, which is great for an adult or older kid, but for young kids that's a non-starter. The driver needs to control content and be able to start, restart, rewind, select a different video, turn off, etc...you know all the things that parents have to do on a long trip.

Last edited: