650 hp from a 3.5L

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What does the 500 stand for in gt500

GT350s generally had small blocks, GT500 generally have big blocks. Hence why many believed the new (Project 7X) was going to be found in the GT500 (probably a reworked 6.2L Boss). The 6.2L puts would be an absolutely nasty engine as a 32 valve DOHC. It is pony car material big bore short stroke and high revving......It was codenamed “Boss” for a reason. but it’s looking like a 5.2L supercharged is the way they are going as of now.

Last edited:

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I’m surprised Ford didn’t trademark that name. It’s as ubiquitous to Ford as the F40 is to Ferrari.

Flexpedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I’m surprised Ford didn’t trademark that name. It’s as ubiquitous to Ford as the F40 is to Ferrari.

Ferrari trademarked F40 as a symbol, the top line of the upper case F as it extends over top the numbers 4 and 0, which is limited to "SPORT CARS AND STRUCTURAL PARTS THEREOF". You probably shouldn't use it that way. I met Wayne Carini a few years back as I traveled thru Connecticut at his car dealership, F40 Motorsports. Awesome TV show if you can catch an episode. Digital Equipment (then Compaq, then HP) had a GT40 computer back in the early 70s. Fender currently builds an entry level small guitar amp called the MUSTANG GT40 - take that Ford and Safir.

Ford has at various times owned and released the GT40 trademark as it appears on certain items, like textiles, gadgets, decorative crap - anything a marketing company would want to capitalize on.

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ferrari trademarked F40 as a symbol, the top line of the upper case F as it extends over top the numbers 4 and 0, which is limited to "SPORT CARS AND STRUCTURAL PARTS THEREOF". You probably shouldn't use it that way. I met Wayne Carini a few years back as I traveled thru Connecticut at his car dealership, F40 Motorsports. Awesome TV show if you can catch an episode. Digital Equipment (then Compaq, then HP) had a GT40 computer back in the early 70s. Fender currently builds an entry level small guitar amp called the MUSTANG GT40 - take that Ford and Safir.

Ford has at various times owned and released the GT40 trademark as it appears on certain items, like textiles, gadgets, decorative crap - anything a marketing company would want to capitalize on.
Wayne Carini is my spirit animal. I’d love to just hang with him for a normal day if his.

edizzle

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It’s a great show, he is wildly knowledgeable! He seems like he would be a little bit of a dick!

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It’s a great show, he is wildly knowledgeable! He seems like he would be a little bit of a dick!
He has to bridge the gap between insanely rich people to regular blue collar types, that may explain his dickness.