Alt or battery?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AaronLG

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My expy is dead. As soon as I jump it and drive it around the block and try to let it charge and turn it off, it won't even try to crank. That should be the alternator right?

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well if you jump it and it runs then the alt should be fine... if after driving it and then is doesn't start it should be battery.... battery is mainly for starting vehicle and the alt is main electric supply while driving.... if you can go to a walmart they will test batteries for free

OP
OP
AaronLG

AaronLG

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Turned out to be the battery connection. Just about fell off when I started messing with it. Cut it off and replaced it. Now I'm good as new and it cranks right up.

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i just did mine. cost me like $6. its in the what did you do today thread.

WHOISMOOTOO

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Damn i chimed in too late i had this problem after i installed my amp and subs i just never tightened down the cables to the terminals

KWT2000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
yep the battery is what i am thinking,,, as for new terminals get the brass or gold terminals a little more money but they don't corrode