anti theft problem!! HELP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

alexhozee

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hello,

I've got a problem, kind off a big one.
I had one key with chip, no I have none.:(
It cracked and the little chip in some kind off a fluid is broken and it won't enable the PATS.

So the car isn't starting.
I dissambled everything and treid to shortcut some of the wires but no succes.
Is there anyway to override the PATS?

I don't now if it can be resetted by the dealer, only problem here is that the only can read expy's from 2003.

If anyone can help I would be very very very very happy!!!!!!!!!!!
maybe better in a pm, cause little bad guys can read also.

thanks

Alex

corlon

Full Access Members
Reaction score
don't know of a way around the pats system. sounds like a tow to the stealership for them to program a key. get 2 keys if you can.
is there a remote starter in the vehicle?

OP
OP
A

alexhozee

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Nope, no remote.

The dealer only can handle from 2003 and younger they say.
When I look in the wiring diagram the PATS activates a relay, if I can find that one the problem would be solved i guess. Can't be that hard can it?

corlon

Full Access Members
Reaction score
doesn't sound right. you would think any ford dealership could programming new keys for you even if you don't have any previously programmed keys. could also try a local locksmith.

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Contact a locksmith. At least here in the US, I think they have the ability to bypass the PATS, or at the very least make you a new key. Do you still have the old key with chip? They might be able to clone the chip of the old key, so as to not have to make a new code and program it in.

tmajikman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My buddy, a locksmith, did mine for my X, he has a computer that he plugged into the obdII connector and just reprogrammed the system for my existing key and the new key he made, really cool, but rather expensive from what he told me, he normally get $125 for a Ford key due to the programming of the PATS system.

OP
OP
A

alexhozee

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I found a locksmith luckely.
He made a new key with chip, erased the PATS with OBDII diagnose.
Only the next problem is that the reciever ring doesn't see the chip in the key.

I disconnected the PATS from the ring and now the copper wires, very thin wires, broke so there is no or a bad connection between the reciever ring and the PATS.
I tried to coneect the copper wires in the ring with some new but still no succes.
I think ordering a new PATS with ring is the only option.
$ 148,- for key and programming normally.

No I have to order a new PATS....... and connect it, hpe that solves the problem.

OP
OP
A

alexhozee

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I saw a new anti theft transciever at fordparts.com $ 146
New ring and PATS box.
I assume that a new box and ring is compatoble with the PCM and anti-theft module after programming?

Anyone?

tmajikman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I saw a new anti theft transciever at fordparts.com $ 146
New ring and PATS box.
I assume that a new box and ring is compatoble with the PCM and anti-theft module after programming?

Anyone?

You should try a junk yard, if they have a key with the ring you should be golden.

OP
OP
A

alexhozee

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Good idea, but I don't live in the USA and have no connections or so with junk yards.

Do they have websites etc? anyone knows a good one for Expy parts?

And next, do they ship outside the USA?