Aux Input to a Stock 2006 Expy Nav Unit w/o DVD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Indy

Reaction score
And I will probably wire in an LED to use as a cup holder light while I am at it, been wanting to do that for awhile and now is the perfect time.

OP
OP
T

thevalleyboy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
LED for a cup holder light - I like that idea - to bad I almost never drive at night - but that is a serious idea... maybe I will - keep you posted if I do

Indy

Reaction score
LED for a cup holder light - I like that idea - to bad I almost never drive at night - but that is a serious idea... maybe I will - keep you posted if I do

Yeah, it didn't turn out to bad. The ones I grabbed are a little more directional than I would like. Just throw a resistor in series with a LED, drill a hole for a LED hole mount clip and pop them in. I used a hot glue gun on the back side to help hold them in place.

liftedpsd

Reaction score
So this should work on a 2004 expedition with nav and cd changer in center console? Do you guys think the wires would be the same? Thanks just got my 2004 expedition 4wd with nav and wanting to do some mods to it that are cheap and really useful.

catmandu

Reaction score
I just looked at the wiring diagram for one with Nav, same pinout for the CD changer as I posted in the image above.

Have fun, I use mine everyday to stream music from across the country!

Kvou812

Reaction score
I would LOVE to do this to my 03'. Unfortunately I have the in dash CD changer and no DVD so it looks like I'm out of luck :(

06king

Reaction score
"Thevalleyboy" - Thanks for this great post!!! (and others who also posted stuff). This is definitely a great mod! My Expedition is the same year, model and options as yours. Are you able to provide the colours of the wires and where (in the switch) they go? That would be a gr8 help!!!

Last edited:

06king

Reaction score
colour of wires & Switch location

Any of the guys that have done this mod... do you know the colour of wires & their Switch location?
Thanks...