Aux Input to a Stock 2006 Expy Nav Unit w/o DVD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blaqjak21

Reaction score
Bringing it back. I want to do this mod. I am trying to figure out which wire go's where on the switch also. ordering the parts now

Milkman

Reaction score
Sorry for bumping this old thread.

I was seriously considering doing this mod.

The problem is that I am not sure which points to soldier to where on the switch...

I have a 2003 EB with a Nav system and a external factory 6 disc changer. This really seems to be my only option (aside from getting a whole new radio).

Anyone have any information on what wire goes to what point on the 4PDT switch?

catmandu

Reaction score
Well, it does take a little sense about wiring. Each row of three on the switch is for one of your four circuits. On mine, the center post was the 'output' that goes to the head unit, and the outside posts were the switchable inputs. But confirm for yourself on your switch: test for continuity with the switch in one position: only two of the three will be a circuit. Then move the switch to another position. The circuit will move to the other post, plus one from the previous. The post that forms a circuit with the switch in either position is your output. The other two are the inputs, one goes to the cd player, the other to the mini jack.

If this made your brain explode, maybe go to an electronics shop and pay them $10 to explain or do the job.

OEFootball, just google 'mini 4pdt' and you'll find them: http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?partnumber=060-524

Last edited:

Milkman

Reaction score
I actually understand electronics, and although I have never dealt with a 4PDT switch before, I found the following picture, which helped identify the points (I would be using the first on/on switch):

4PDT_switches.jpg

Going by that picture, the 4 wires that go to the radio (R+ R- L+ L-) will go on the center posts. The top row (or bottom row) will contain the R+ R- L+ L- from the CD changer. My question is about the L- and R- for the headphone jack and to the remaining row. The headphone jack has only two wires which would wire to the L+ and the R+ points. What goes on the L- and R- points for the headphone jack?????

catmandu

Reaction score
Make sure you have a stereo jack, not a mono (stereo has three solder points). A stereo jack is configured to accept the Tip/Ring/Sleeve (TRS) male plug from the iPod, etc. TRS carries Left +, Right +, and ground in that order. This should correspond to solder points labeled 1, 2, 3 on the jack. If you are using a 4 wire cable from the 4PDT switch: Left + to 1, Right + to 2, Left - and Right - both to 3.

Milkman

Reaction score
Make sure you have a stereo jack, not a mono (stereo has three solder points). A stereo jack is configured to accept the Tip/Ring/Sleeve (TRS) male plug from the iPod, etc. TRS carries Left +, Right +, and ground in that order. This should correspond to solder points labeled 1, 2, 3 on the jack. If you are using a 4 wire cable from the 4PDT switch: Left + to 1, Right + to 2, Left - and Right - both to 3.

tyvm

Milkman

Reaction score
Indy, if you are still monitoring this thread, here ya' go:

expy2006.jpg

Hey Cat - Is this the pinout for the 03 EB too???