Eaton M112 (lightning)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
I added an eaton M112 off of a lightning and I feel it made a noticeable improvement in power . It tends to whine quite loudly though when I get on the gas and seems to get the attention of everyone around me. :wtf:

And I dont care what anyone else says.... I saw no improvements in fuel economy. :hmm:

Last edited:

litexpy

Reaction score
I agree with that love the sound if there looking there just jealous.

OP
OP
toms89

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
I know it's a bit of an older thread, but I just had to ask...

Does that mean you saw no reduction either?

It went from about 14 mpg stock to 11-12 around town with its current tune @ 14psi boost.

Last edited:

1997SCEBFEX

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I saw improvements by flowing more air and the torque increases. Around town still kills it, esp if running the A/C. I do shift to neutral if its a long light.

Since purchase from day 1, my gas fill logs show 13.4mpg over 161K miles.

6 psi.

OP
OP
toms89

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
I saw improvements by flowing more air and the torque increases. Around town still kills it, esp if running the A/C. I do shift to neutral if its a long light.

Since purchase from day 1, my gas fill logs show 13.4mpg over 161K miles.

6 psi.

To be fair to the eaton my mpg was better when I was running closer to stock boost level but I am now overspinning it to get 14 psi boost. This taxes the stock bypass valve and increases parasitic drag not to mention making the eaton less efficient while in boost.

Then of course while in boost a centrifugal blower is much more efficient than a roots.

Last edited:

Lightnig

Full Access Members
Reaction score
sounds about right to me, especially if you are running near the top end for that compressor, efficiency can really drop off when it's running flat out.

I would expect close to equal fuel consumption at moderate boost levels, but with better vehicle performance...

THanks for that update :)

daoud el-massri

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Good morning Tom can u please let me now what coil packs u went with with the eaton supercharger and spark plugs I am almost ready to install my 112 eaton . I have a few more parts to buy then I am ready for my build .I also would like to now what tune u went with and fuel injectors I called S/C/T and his subjection was to go with 60lb injectors because Ford no longer makes 42lb injectors and bosch green giant injectors are not easy to control . I would appreciate your experience . Thanks have a grate day