Edelbrock E-Force Supercharger

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
what about the dude in tampa that says $6500+10 days and you'll have 500 hp to the wheels???

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
the guy doing the work said 10 days...$6500

I would be cautious of that amount of hp on a stock block. Thats around 600hp at the crank. Hyper pistons would hold up if tune is dead on but they are not very forgiving. The stock rods are likely to exit block anytime at that power level. I would recommend forged rods and pistons at a minimum. Tranny will also be on borrowed time at 500rwhp not to mention torque converter.

Can 500 rwhp be made for $6,500.00? Yes I believe so but how long it would hold up should be the next question.. I would ask many questions.. and what that $6,500 includes.

Last edited:

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
I just checked the post I believe you were refering to Freeway and he said 500hp and I do not believe he mentioned at the wheels. I find it much more likely to get 500hp at the flywheel for that price and it would be relatively safe for the stock block assuming the tune is dead on.

Last edited:

rayt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
inquired with jdm again about putting something into my 2011 ford expedition, i'm not sure if 2011 has different programming vs 2010, but they dont know for sure if they can do anything for me. i am dying to add a supercharger to my expedition.

boiler71

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Im at about 11psi boost. When I pull the fuse to disable my 4wd it will spin the tires quite easily on demand. So much so I dont enjoy 2wd because I cant use the power available.

They are deceivingly fast! You are accelerating and dont realize how fast you are going till you look down at the speedo. I actually buried my speedo a few times on the interstate not realizing I was going that fast as it felt quite effortless.

You are absolutely correct Tom. These things are deceivingly fast! If I don't watch it, I'll hit almost 100 mph getting on the interstate. These things are so big and so smooth, you just don't feel it. In fact, my wife (Cass) got pulled over the other night in it. She was doing 62 in a 40. Said she pulled out of the gas station and started accelerating normally. Next thing she sees is blue flashers in her rearview. Thankfully she just got warning.

Bojo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
rayt, the Edelbrock supercharger will work on your Expedition. Why not just go with it?

rayt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
rayt, the Edelbrock supercharger will work on your Expedition. Why not just go with it?

waiting on jdm to confirm

i do see there is a seller on ebay listing it as 07-12 compatible which is good news

but i wanted jdm to confirm before i do anything.

rayt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
can anyone that has had the edelbrock installed let me know what they paid approximately for installation/tuning?