exhaust ?????????/

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well right now I have true duals with 2 cats deleted running to 40 series flowmaster mufflers exiting behind the passenger tire..... question is has anyone else done this but no mufflers just straight pipe? I don't care if there is drone or too loud, truck being on 37's really don't want it quiet. My thinking leads me to will not having mufflers affect performance or mpg or am I just going crazy...lol looked on you tube and found a few vids of set up I wanna run but just looking for advice..........

bdvinc02exp

Reaction score
I am not sure if it means anything but I am running no cats and one 40 series flowmaster. It sounds amazing but is noisy. I like it though. I do think straight pipe will be fine. Did yours have 4 cats?

OP
OP
walnuts4x4

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
no i took off rear 2 cats then cut the stock Y pipe and ran true duals to 2 separate flowmaster 40's but i am debating about cutting off the 40's then running straight pipe to opposite corners then 4" tips.... but probally gonna wait till after winter so old pipe will take this years salt...

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You don't have any sort of X or H pipe between there?

OP
OP
walnuts4x4

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
no, i don't really see a point in it. i've thought about it but i like the sound it has now just wanna go louder n a h or x pipe would mellow out the sound

toocivil

Full Access Members
Reaction score
New Exhaust

Well, just had the free flow exhaust put on my expedition on Friday. So far it sounds great and it completes the K&N cold air intake I put on last year. Down side is because of the way the rear axel is set up on my year expedition, 2003, I wasn't able to do the dual exhaust out the back like I wanted. I have a single side rear exit with a nice magnaflow stainless tip to finish it off. It still looks and sounds great. Let me just say if you've been thinking about putting one on I would highly reccomend it. It seems to have a little more power now when you get on it.

2003 Expedition XLT 4.6L V8
K&N Cold Air Intake
Flo-Pro Exhaust
Rear Hatch Spoiler
Pioneer Sound System
And some other small cosmetic changes

OP
OP
walnuts4x4

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have dual flowmaster 40's.... i'm still debating about taking them off and just pipe.... and i only have 2 of the 4 original cats... there is a video on youtube with expy true dual straight pipe and I love it loader then with 40's and better crackle when reved... i'm gonna wait and do it in spring after ny winter salt.... gonna do true dual straight piped split out behind each tire to with 4" slant cut SS tips

tonydiv

technical advisor
Reaction score
I have 4" tips that comer out of the space between the rear bumper and the tow bar that the 3" body lift creates. I was a little iffy on it when I first saw it, but it does keep the pipes from any off road damage.

toocivil

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Its nice that you were able to do it to your rig. I had the dual set up on my old F150 so I was hoping to do it on my 2003. Unfortunately Ford decided to put to much stuff on the drivers side to get the second pipe through. However like I said it still soounds and looks good. By the way do you or anyone know of where you can get a nice looking aftermarket intake cover. You know that ********* cover that sits on top of the engine. I'd like to put on something smaller so I can see more of my chrome cold air intake. Do you know if the cover for the 5.4 L will fit? I hear the cover on it is smaller so you can see more of the intake pipe. Mine has the 4.8 L in it. Thanks

OP
OP
walnuts4x4

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
my exhaust runs along passenger side just cut they factory Y right about under passenger seat then ran the pipes next to each other.... i need to get more pics of my truck up have done a lot and just too busy...lol

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goff69