Factory battery life

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scottorama

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That's normal. It's like purchasing a 2023 that was manufactured in 2022. The warranty on the battery started at the vehicle purchase date, if the vehicle was purchased new. And 5 years is great, depending on where you live. My 5 year batteries last 2 1/2 if we are lucky, due to the A/C running 11 months out of the year.
You are missing the point.... the dealership put a cheap non-agm battery in it, probably when the original agm battery died in it when it was sitting new on the lot. Look at the warranty disclaimer on the battery pic.... is specifically says its not supposed to be used in a stop/start vehicle. And then dealerships wonder why no one trusts them..... but i must say, the non agm battery held up quite well considering the circumstances...

Scottorama

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Warranry Void if used ina Start Stop Vehicle. Also it is not orig equip. They dont state 3 Year Free Replacement.
You got it.... it was definately replaced by the dealer because the sticker on the battery was from dec 18, when the car was built june 18. I bought the expedition new in march 2019.

Woodwolf

Reaction score
I got this nice Solar battery tender for my birthday last week, only to discover that the cigarette type plug on the dash can not be used to plug the trickle charger in. I know I could hardwire it to the battery but hate to do it. My 2019 platinum sits for days on end when I am in my off the grid cabin and drains slowly the battery. Anybody knows a workaround? Do all the plugs de-power?

GlennSullivan

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Dont know what brand, but I use battery tender brand and they include both clip on and screw on terminals. I install the screw on terminals on every vehicle we own, including the garden tractor.

Danm355

Reaction score
I had my battery replaced after one year on my 2022 Expedition. I didn't drive it much and the battery didn't hold up. Ford replaced it for free under the warranty.

Dice Roll

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My original battery is turning 5 in August. I use auto start stop. I don’t trickle charge. I don’t turn security or anything off. I don’t drive much. I live basically in downtown Cincinnati.

When it goes I will try my best to get an Odyssey agm. I’ve got one in my classic and it’s the best battery I’ve ever had. Can go two full years without being trickle charged. Just about everybody I know trickle charges their classic car battery over the winter. I just hook the negative cable back up and it roars to life like it always has. I’m assuming they make one that fits the expy.

You can buy and warranty odyssey brand at Autozone. I usually use the Autozone gold made by Johnson controls in my dailies. Last time in the Camry I got their house brand agm. Zero complaints on the AZ brand stuff. They last exactly the 60 months they are rated for me.

I’ve heard good things about XS power lithium ion batteries for cars. Have no experience with those.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire