Feels like the truck is power braking while driving.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Lee_H

Lee_H

Reaction score
This morning I took some short stop and go trips to get the brakes tested. So far the new brake line to the anti-skid control box remains dry. The rest of the connections were OK from the start. Brake is a little less spongy, maybe the feel is more from the calipers and different pads than actual air in the lines. I have yet to really push hard on the brakes, I'm a bit old school when it comes to burning in a new set of brake shoes or brake pads. Was taught to get a feel for them first and let the components settle in as well. I also don't know how long the brakes could have been dragging "a little" since I purchased the Expedition. That quick engaging brake may have been a problem instead of a co-operative brake. At purchase I took the tires off and with a flashlight checked the thickness of the pads. All looked good so don't mess with it. What marking might be on the old calipers to see if they are the original parts? I'm guessing the pads were changed due to the missing return spring. The calipers themselves through, is what I'm wondering. The odometer is reading about 235K miles. That is one long lifespan for calipers.