I think the pump seal blew out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B

Bowesmobile

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Heres a abbreviated update. Reassembled the transmission and installed it. Its stuck in second gear. Dropped the pan, and checked the wiring harness because thats typical of a electrical problem. Replaced the shift solenoid. Checked the internal wiring harness and it had power. Reassembled what I had taken apart. Took it for a test drive and its still stuck in second gear. So I drove it to an excellent trans shop near me. Im working with their head trans tech and he's going to look at my valve body after I pull it out because we think thats the culprit. So hopefully after this weekend I will have a proper diagnosis and I can provide a accurate completion to this write up. Because I dont want to give bad info to anyone.

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hopefully it will be an easy fix and you will be back on the road soon. Where did you source the rebuild kit from?

OP
OP
B

Bowesmobile

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The rebuild kit was sourced from Oregon Performance. The trans guy and coincidentally becom I ng my new best friend, lol. Found a stuck valve in the valve body. He said it wouldnt move at all. Then he hands me the updated 1-2 accumulator piston and 3-4 accumulator piston. Tells me to put it in the transmission and if it works, pay him what I think its worth. This guy is awesome! So true to form, heres a huge shout out from me that Lakeside transmission is one of the best transmission shops in the area. Jacque, is one heck of a guy and has the knowledge and skills to boot! So theres some shameless plugging for him.

OP
OP
B

Bowesmobile

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Here is the end to my thread. It ended up I put two torrington bearings in the wrong place. This tore up the pump and some other hard parts. As it sits right now. I have a transmission in boxes in my garage. I found a good trans from a 1999 and swapped it in. Re-pinned the connector and replaced the tailshaft on the transfer case with my original one. Swapped in the speedometer gear from my old unit as well, since the 99's read from the rear axle. Fun stuff. Now I'm on the road again.