Lifted Expeditions of EF.com (picture post)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChrisOIFdoc

Full Access Members
Reaction score
image.jpg
Do you have more photos of how the front bumper is mounted, and how far back the frame is cut? I'm thinking about doing the same to mine, but with a winch plate in top of the frame.

You bet. I'll send you a pic in the next couple of hours.

Guess it took more than a couple of hours. Here's some pics of how much I cut off and for now I have it welded in a couple of spots on the frame until I make the bracket. I'm going to mount the winch between the frame rails. Since my body is lifted I have the room and I have another tranny cooler that I'm mounting higher to make more room. The tow hooks are getting mounted inside the frame rails and have to weld tabs to bolt the steel plating on to take the place of the temporary steel mesh being held on by bailing wire.( Proof I'm from Texas and a Redneck:biggrin:). I would suggest you mount your winch where you want it first, then cut away. I cut mine back far because of my body lift and needed a radical approach for the washes out here.image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

ChrisOIFdoc

Full Access Members
Reaction score
View attachment 21098

Guess it took more than a couple of hours. Here's some pics of how much I cut off and for now I have it welded in a couple of spots on the frame until I make the bracket. I'm going to mount the winch between the frame rails. Since my body is lifted I have the room and I have another tranny cooler that I'm mounting higher to make more room. The tow hooks are getting mounted inside the frame rails and have to weld tabs to bolt the steel plating on to take the place of the temporary steel mesh being held on by bailing wire.( Proof I'm from Texas and a Redneck:biggrin:). I would suggest you mount your winch where you want it first, then cut away. I cut mine back far because of my body lift and needed a radical approach for the washes out here.View attachment 21098 View attachment 21099 View attachment 21100

The pic of the bumper looks kind of goofy because I took it on my phone. It looks crooked in the pic but it's not. I'll take some pics with the camera when I get a chance.

Texpedition45

Full Access Members
Reaction score
View attachment 21098

Guess it took more than a couple of hours. Here's some pics of how much I cut off and for now I have it welded in a couple of spots on the frame until I make the bracket. I'm going to mount the winch between the frame rails. Since my body is lifted I have the room and I have another tranny cooler that I'm mounting higher to make more room. The tow hooks are getting mounted inside the frame rails and have to weld tabs to bolt the steel plating on to take the place of the temporary steel mesh being held on by bailing wire.( Proof I'm from Texas and a Redneck:biggrin:). I would suggest you mount your winch where you want it first, then cut away. I cut mine back far because of my body lift and needed a radical approach for the washes out here.View attachment 21098 View attachment 21099 View attachment 21100

Dude that looks great. I definitely have a better idea of how\what to do. What did you use to make the bumper? Is that squre tube?

ChrisOIFdoc

Full Access Members
Reaction score
1"1/4 round tubing. Mainly because I had it in the garage already. I would recommend 1"1/2 - 2"
Do you have more photos of how the front bumper is mounted, and how far back the frame is cut? I'm thinking about doing the same to mine, but with a winch plate in top of the frame.

Post a pic of your truck man. I wanna see it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire