Looking for tow mirrors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

u.p.expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
As the title states, I need to get some towing mirrors. I have an 07 expy and was wondering if the mirrors are the same as that of the 07 f-150.

Also, what types of mirrors are you guys using?

tri2spin

Reaction score
I have not had any luck with finding a good mirror that works well, stays clipped or strapped in place or is easy to install. I actually contacted Ford and they do not have an answer either. I suggest as Ford did to me that all Expy owners go to www.thefordstory.com and register so you can give them an idea to improve their mirrors. I posted towing mirrors in my subject line and suggested they offer towing mirrors on trucks that are equipped with a towing package. The more people that agree or like my post the more chance of having future trucks with less problems like we are having. If you use the **** universal mirrors I recommend crossing over the straps so they hold better. I lost one when a truck blew by me and learned the hard way. The other type with the ratcheting strap retension work also but the don't stay tight and the next thing you know you're looking at the ground or the front of your trailer. That's not good either. I have a 2003 Expy, your 2007 I think has a different style mirror which might be easier to find aftermarket for. The rubber strap on ones I found the best price at Farm and Fleet in northern Illinois. Amazon offers them for a pretty good price also.

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
people have been arguing for true towing mirrors for a expedition and even the 99-04 supercrew F150... they have not made them and the company's on ebay only make them for reg and supercab F150s that don't mount to ours.... they have a smaller base... but 2nd gen and 1st gen mirrors have the same mount just the wiring connection is different

Oregondad1

Reaction score
I had also been searching for universal towing mirrors that will work with my 2006 Expy. Specifically the Eddie B. edition with the signals on the bottom of the side mirrors. I've finally found one that works OK. I picked up a pair of the Milenco Aero 2 mirrors. The key for those of us who have signals on the bottom of our mirrors are that straps don't typically work. These have no straps and clamp to the top of the mirror. I had the Expy up over 60 with the trailer and while they aren't totally vibration free, I much preferred them to the old straps ons that I was using. They are typically available in England and Australia and I was about to buy them on Ebay when I found them at https://www.makariosrv.com/. Perfect, not quite...better than other options, definitely. They have a couple of size options and I'm happy with these mirrors. I found them on this youtube vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4aYTr0JLLU

OP
OP
u.p.expy

u.p.expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had also been searching for universal towing mirrors that will work with my 2006 Expy. Specifically the Eddie B. edition with the signals on the bottom of the side mirrors. I've finally found one that works OK. I picked up a pair of the Milenco Aero 2 mirrors. The key for those of us who have signals on the bottom of our mirrors are that straps don't typically work. These have no straps and clamp to the top of the mirror. I had the Expy up over 60 with the trailer and while they aren't totally vibration free, I much preferred them to the old straps ons that I was using. They are typically available in England and Australia and I was about to buy them on Ebay when I found them at https://www.makariosrv.com/. Perfect, not quite...better than other options, definitely. They have a couple of size options and I'm happy with these mirrors. I found them on this youtube vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4aYTr0JLLU

Oregondad, thank you so much for posting this-I just ordered a pair. Just another reason why I really like this forum.

Oregondad1

Reaction score
No problem. I've used them a half dozen times now and I'm very happy with them. Good towing!

OP
OP
u.p.expy

u.p.expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well, I have put these mirros to good use-towed a 26' classic wooden boat from the eastern end of the upper peninsula of Michigan to the south east part of Wiscosin, Lake Geneva to be specific.

The mirrors allowed me to see vehicles behind me that my expy mirrors couldn't show. Very good tow mirrors, easy to attach and little to no vibration.