movin on up! (1st gen to 2nd gen)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98EXeb

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well I like to be different....Soooooooo I would take the 1st one(black) It looks sweet.

OP
OP
Kevo

Kevo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
hmm i was leaning towards the black on the only thing i dont like is the higher mileage and the only thing i dont like about the grey is the scratches on the drivers side of the front bumper but thats all cosmetic....also i was curious does anyone else notice how low the black one appears to be sitting? do the 05s have adjustable height suspension?

you know and thinking about it now....i have never seen a dark shadow grey expedition in my life i know its a limited and they only come in a few colors but ive only ever seen white and black DSG must be a rare color??

Last edited:

sgtowing

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
hmm i was leaning towards the black on the only thing i dont like is the higher mileage and the only thing i dont like about the grey is the scratches on the drivers side of the front bumper but thats all cosmetic....also i was curious does anyone else notice how low the black one appears to be sitting? do the 05s have adjustable height suspension?

you know and thinking about it now....i have never seen a dark shadow grey expedition in my life i know its a limited and they only come in a few colors but ive only ever seen white and black DSG must be a rare color??

I looked at the pics again and I don't see it sitting low. I think it's the angle and the concrete looks uneven as well.

tallsville

Full Access Members
Reaction score
sg from ad

Since we sold this beautiful Jet Black Limited Expedition brand new back in May 2005, the previous owner never missed a scheduled service with us at Evergreen Ford! Immaculate inside and out, this 4x4 has a 4.6L V8,

they must be wrong in ad cuz you are right 5.4 standard in 05

Last edited:

KC Dave

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I assume that they both run correctly... I have an 05, and I actually looked at 3 of them, 2 05's and 1 06 before I bought mine. Listen carefully for any Cam Phaser noise. The one I bought was quiet, but both the other two had some noise.. Expensive repair, so just throwing that out there.