Mud Tire Recommendations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nokturnal

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Gonna be buying a set of mud terrains for my truck soon, anyone got any Recommendations for decent price mud terrains? I'm thinking about the Cooper Discoverer STTs. They look like a good tire and I can get 35x12.5x17s for around 1000 per set which I think is a pretty good price. Input?

Rockunlimited2

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I ran MTZs, MTRs, BFG MTs, Terra Graplers (AT tire but suprising good in the goo) on my old 04 Rubicon. The MTZs were the best for a DD with mostly street use and some rocks/trail,mud. But for the best mud tire flat out the BFG MT did the job and lasted like iron on the street. Those were great tires. For a DD that is 90% street, 10% everything else, the Terra graps (NITTO) were phenoms. I only has one set of tire that were just flat out bad. The MTRs, it was a very bad tire for anything. Slip in the rain on the street, ice was a joke, bad sidewalls for rocks, just bad.

Last edited:

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well if your looking for a true "mud" tire I would go with a super swamper SSR radial.... if a more traditional MT either a BFG MT or Procomp MT...but the best tire I have ran so far has been my procomp xtreme ATs... its a truely hybrid AT+MT... wears great has a 40K tread wear warranty and they rock in the mud... mine have been one for 2 years and have barley worn even towing a boat..... plus they are not as loud as other tires on the street but you do get a little road noise to let people know you got some agressive rubbers on your truck

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
from what i keep reading bfg did bad/good on the km2s. the km1s were a lot better in the mud, but the km2s do better on street and dirt. they turn to slicks in the mud. just a thought. i like the look of the km1s better too. o well! if you want REAL mud go with the SS boogers... boggers! but they SUK on the street! :eek:

OP
OP
N

Nokturnal

Full Access Members
Reaction score
an update..

thank you guys for all the recommendations. I ended up finding a set of 35x12.5x17 Cooper sst's on craigslist for 400 near me with over half tread left so I'm sending my wife to go pick those up today. For the price I don't think I'm really gonna be able to find a better deal, and saving that 600-1000 over new tires leaves me with a lot of money left over for other things :D

I'll post pics once they're on the truck