need new foam in driver seat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
does the 3rd gen seats bolt in the 2nd gen? i think i want to change mine

kmh1596

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Is there anything better or cheaper out there. I just picked up an '01 Expy XLT and the driver and passenger seats need recovering.

If I were you, I'd look for a decent Eddie Bauer interior, and swap it in? I just put a King Ranch interior into my 04, and couldn't be happier that I did!

kmh1596

Full Access Members
Reaction score
does the 3rd gen seats bolt in the 2nd gen? i think i want to change mine

I'd bet at least the front and middle rows do... biggest issue would be the wiring (ask me how I know), as they sometimes change the wiring drastically from year to year. If you had both ends of the plug, and schematics to determine what is what, it's of course do-able. The biggest complication would be tying in any memory seats, etc.. I'd think.

My drivers seat had 4-5 plugs that needed to be plugged in, where the passenger had ONE. I blame the memory and seat climate module on my driver's side.

Big White

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just a word up on those plugs, the yellow one is connected to a pyro technic charge, the seat pretensioner. If you get smacked, it lights off and pulls the seat belt tight. Disconnect the battery for at least a few minutes before playing down there. And make sure it is re-connected BEFORE you hook the battery back up, or it will set off a code.

kmh1596

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just a word up on those plugs, the yellow one is connected to a pyro technic charge, the seat pretensioner. If you get smacked, it lights off and pulls the seat belt tight. Disconnect the battery for at least a few minutes before playing down there. And make sure it is re-connected BEFORE you hook the battery back up, or it will set off a code.

Unfortunately, the yellow (pretensioner) and white (seatbelt, I believe) were the only two that plugged right in on my conversion. I did have a pretensioner code, but that was due to the pretensioner being defective, because when I moved my original one over, all was well.