No heat, I've done everything

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The fact that you stated the hose going up to the heater core is cold, tells me your problem is a blockage before the core. Easy way to check water pump is pull lower hose crank over engine add water to radiator or expansion tank, water should surge out steadily. Be sure your hoses to heater core aren't reversed. The fact that it's not running warm, leads also to double check your blender doors at heater plenum. If you have a coolant air bubble, again it should affect proper running temp. Most readers here find a door not functioning or some sort of vacuum hose cut/ broke. Keep us posted. Moose.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

muskytom

Reaction score
Thanks for the ideas. I saw water pump mentioned in a previous post on the subject. But engine isn't overheating.

As for blend doors and vacuum hoses, we're talking about behind the dash, right? I would think they're working, as I can swing the temp from one extreme to the other and I do feel the cold. and only a trickle of warm air. Have to check the hoses as you mentioned. Thanks again.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You can't assume the doors are opening and closing, you need to see it. The hoses coming off engine to and from heater core need to carry warm coolant. You need to pull hoses coming off motor to see where your blockage is. If your block is not grounded with the appropriate cables, you'll build up corrosion on your intake manifold, and all small passages. Happened to a friend of mine. His problem was overheating in hot weather. As stated earlier you need to know your flowing. It's possible your not overheating due to the cold weather.

muskytom

Reaction score
Good points - I'll check and certainly let the group know what I find. Sidebar - never overheated in any of the past summers. Thanks again!

Petesexpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've heard that these trucks do not overheat even with a minimum amount of water coming out of the water pump. Check if there is any pressure in any water hoses with truck running.

OP
OP
C

curleywon

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Update: Found two coolant leaks, one around the thermostat housing and at the quick connect (which was broken but still connected) leading to the rear system. I was losing a gallon every 10 days. installed another new thermostat and gasket and spliced the hose with new quick connect. Neither heater core hoses ever feels hot even after driving it. Inside temperature reads 58 degrees. Still haven't done a direct core flush. Thinking of bypassing the rear system altogether after front core flush.

98eb5.4

Full Access Members
Reaction score
you can absolutely have normal engine temps & zero heat from the heater, running low on coolant

OP
OP
C

curleywon

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The fact that you stated the hose going up to the heater core is cold, tells me your problem is a blockage before the core. Easy way to check water pump is pull lower hose crank over engine add water to radiator or expansion tank, water should surge out steadily. Be sure your hoses to heater core aren't reversed. The fact that it's not running warm, leads also to double check your blender doors at heater plenum. If you have a coolant air bubble, again it should affect proper running temp. Most readers here find a door not functioning or some sort of vacuum hose cut/ broke. Keep us posted. Moose.

My blend door is working. I cut into the panel to verify.

hammerg26

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Going to watch this one. I have very poor heat as well. Have not tried the back flush yet - looked at it, but not sure which hoses - rather not jack something up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waleedalmadani