Old man problem!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aka rotten

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Got whats to me the dumbest question ever.2000 4.3 176 000 Miles and few problems cept this.Over years ive had shops replace neg.battery cable clamps,i,ve placed felt rings on terminals,And just neg. side will lose contact and strand me at darndest places.Does this about every 2 months or so.Always neg side only,3 different batterys.When it does it engine just clicks all power off till I retighten cable.As I say I,v had shop and different folks redo this so its just not this 74 year old cant tighten enough.Give me some ideas guys so my wife of 58 years will keep from yelling at me!Paul

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Using a positive terminal on the negative post if using the replacement terminals?

Size does matter...

I am beginning to feel you pain of aging. The floor does get farther away as we age, I've sat down and crap I can't get up. Once I do get up I proceed to start falling over....

Last edited:

tonydiv

technical advisor
Reaction score
Drill a small hole at the joint between the clamp and the terminal and run a short sheet metal screw in to lock everything together.

OP
OP
A

aka rotten

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks guys for info.guy that replaced em today said basically same thing bout size.I must admit my ignorance of different sized cable ends,but mechanic I wasn't.Now I know.Thank again for info.You can teach old dog!.Paul