Paint Bubbling, We need EVERYONE to register a complaint! READ FORDS RESPONSE!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stephanie Stecker

Reaction score
My lift gate is bubbling as well. I have a 2008 Expedition. Does anyone know if there is a class action suit for these paint issues?

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My lift gate is bubbling as well. I have a 2008 Expedition. Does anyone know if there is a class action suit for these paint issues?

There was on in NJ, but it was ultimately dismissed. The firm that handled it did a poor job. Your best bet is small claims; you have excellent odds of winning. Zestar rents out a legal kit with all of the technical info for court. I think it's like $125-150. Ford has been aware of this problem and done anything to remedy it. They just keep updating the TSB to include more model years (17 model years at last count). You can join this Facebook group also.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
There was on in NJ, but it was ultimately dismissed. The firm that handled it did a poor job. Your best bet is small claims; you have excellent odds of winning. Zestar rents out a legal kit with all of the technical info for court. I think it's like $125-150. Ford has been aware of this problem and done anything to remedy it. They just keep updating the TSB to include more model years (17 model years at last count). You can join this Facebook group also.

Do you think the aluminum body F series trucks will begin to experience the paint bubbling problem? (I own a 2015 Expedition Limited).

RedExpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
99WhiteC5....yes... they will... on the FB group ( i think it was) there was a 15 or 16 F250 with issues where you could see the thickness of the paint being pulled up by the thumb nail...... disgusting....

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Do you think the aluminum body F series trucks will begin to experience the paint bubbling problem? (I own a 2015 Expedition Limited).

99WhiteC5....yes... they will... on the FB group ( i think it was) there was a 15 or 16 F250 with issues where you could see the thickness of the paint being pulled up by the thumb nail...... disgusting....

Yep. I think they're going to peel bumper-to-bumper like an orange. Most of them start to show at 3-4 years. Some take a little longer; some shorter. My mom has a '16 Explorer and the hood is already bubbling with about 15K on the clock.

Snag

Full Access Members
Reaction score
yep, I WORRY they will do the same thing. My 05 Expedition KR and my kids 10 XLT are both bubbling on rear hatch. I have read the newer models are doing the same. I would suspect the pickups will be as well. I am not sure this aluminum body will be a hit. It adds quit a lot to initial cost and the propaganda I have read from body shops says they are a nightmare to repair.

ANOTHER GOOD IDEA BY FORD

These new rigs at 50k+ I would be a pissed off hombre

Last edited:

RedExpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i have been thinking of getting rid of mine... single dad and 15mpg doesn't mix well..... lol/... but I so do not want to.... the hood has developed a small spot... going to redo them this summer with the Automotive Paint process mentioned in some other posts.... we shall see....